busra
Ayvalik

busra from Ayvalik asked

How is the weather in early-mid May?

Which clothes shoold I choose?  Sandals or shoes? Shorts or pants? :/

Amsterdam

Bring layers and comfortable shoes because Amsterdam is a great place to walk. I always wore skirts and sandals there, but layers - tights with your skirts if it's cold, a jacket... and sandals that you can walk a lot in.

1. Amsterdam (city)
Lauren from Amsterdam

I'm inclined to say shoes and pants. Even when it's warm in Amsterdam the winds are still very cold, and the weather can change rapidly.

D-Jan from Netherlands

Hi Busra, it's hard to say. The past couple of years May has been quite warm with temperatures like 20-23 degrees celcius if we were lucky. But Amsterdam has quite a lot of wind always and that you don t see on the weather reports.  

Let s hope for the best - with sandals and skirts and a summerjacket - but be DEF prepared to have some layers at hand that can keep you warm. Wish I could say it s warm weather for sure, but alass.

D-Jan from Netherlands

Just checking back on you. The weather was fantastic, wasn't it!! Hope you have had a great holiday!

Rozina from Amsterdam

If you're lucky it could be around 20-25 degrees and sunny. But mostly it's windy and could turn to rainy and a bit colder any time. I wear skirt and shorts all the time in spring, but sandals might be too cold. Make sure to bring an umbrella or rain coat.

Derek from Beech Grove

Amsterdam in early-mid May can be difficult to plan for.   Generally you will want shoes and pants.  It usually does not get much about 20c in Amsterdam and rain is common, although it tends to be dryer in May.  You may want to bring shorts as well because it can sometimes get quite pleasant in May unpredictably.  

Charlotte from Amsterdam

Last year it was cold and rainy but it can be sunny and warm as well. So I would suggest take as much as possible with you so you can choose :)