Anish
Trivandrum

Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Lisbon

Guys, do tell me which of these shud we go to and how shud we plan it.

We are a group of 4 couples. We wanna go to these places and we have a time frame of 20 days. Help me plan these places proximity vice and where to start from. We are travelling in the month of May 2017, First week onwards.

Rebecca from Manchester

Hi Anish!

There is a lot of stuff to do in Amsterdam but you can cover a lot in a few days. It is worth visiting the Heineken Experience and seeing how they may Heineken, which can be enjoyed by drinkers and non-drinkers alike. I would also recommend seeing Anne Frank House for the history. Taking a canal boat trip is nice. Check out my blog about Amsterdam: http://bit.ly/1yx47Iq 

There is a great deal to do in Paris and I would highly recommend Palais Garnier which can be overlooked. I write about great other things to do in my blog as well for Paris - http://bit.ly/1VWxXgQ

1. Amsterdam (city)
  2. Heineken Experience (attraction)
  3. Anne Frank House (attraction)
  5. Palais Garnier (attraction)

Lulu from Amsterdam

For Amsterdam, I think some great experience I really enjoyed are biking along Amstel Riverview and in Bos, boat tour on Amstel river and canals, walking around wind mills in Zaandam, and tasting in food festival. Not sure if there will be any food festival in May yet, but Foodhallenis a good alternative. If you like museum, I'd recommend Van Gogh Museum is a must see. 

1. Amstel Riverview (restaurant)
  2. Zaandam (city)
  3. Foodhallen (restaurant)
  4. Van Gogh Museum (attraction)

Jeff from Portland

if you are coming from India, I would always start furthest and work my way back. In that case, start in Lisbon , then BarcelonaParisAmsterdamBerlin . With only 20 days, there is a decent amount of travel in there, since each city you move will take about 1/2 your day. That gives you roughly 3 days in each city also assuming 1 day when you journey from/to India.

1. Lisbon (city)
  2. Barcelona (city)
  4. Amsterdam (city)
  5. Berlin (city)

Tracy from Pennsylvania

I would either start with and follow in order- BerlinAmsterdamParisBarcelona, and Lisbon or do the reverse. At least this way you won't be jumping all over. It is still a lot of traveling. How long did you have planned for each city and how are you traveling between cities? If by train you will easily be losing days just for travel time. Travel between Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris can be done by train fairly easily. When we went to Amsterdam we wanted to take the train to Brugge but there was a train stoppage so we rented a car, which was very easy. My point is to check dates and train lines for connections before  to make sure you can do it. Just trying to get to the airport by train coming back we needed to off load and take a bus because of issue. It was not difficult but I am glad I knew in advance. I have only been to Amsterdam and Paris out of the cities you mentioned. We just did Amsterdam a few months ago. While in Amsterdam we did a day trip outside the city and went to Brugge Belgium for an overnight. We spent I believe 3 nights in Amsterdam. It is not a city that needs a lot of time. We did not go into museums other than Anne Frank house, but rather walked the city taking in the sites. if seeing all the museums are important count a day at least for that. I have been to Paris twice. The second time I was with people who had never been so I ended up seeing the same things. Both trips were 3 or 4 days and we saw the all the main sights. I know Barcelona can be done in a couple of days also. It really comes down to what you all want to see and if you want to stay in one city longer. We loved the feel of Amsterdam but overall there isn't as many sights as Paris and Barcelona. I can go into more specifics about what we liked in those cities if you would like, just let me know.

1. Berlin (city)
  2. Amsterdam (city)
  4. Barcelona (city)
  5. Lisbon (city)

Nars from Boston

All these cities are great. Paris, Amsterdam, and Barcelona are must-see places. Lisbon and Berlin are great but if you haven't covered London, I would consider it. 3-4 days per city, so you are not rushed. You could consider this sequence, fly into London and fly out of Lisbon or vice versa.

London : 3-4 days (or Berlin)

Amsterdam : 2-3 days

Paris : 3-4 days

Barcelona  : 2-3 days

Lisbon : 2-3 days

2. Amsterdam (city)
  4. Barcelona (city)
  5. Lisbon (city)

Lifetime

Coming from India, the most international airport might be Paris or Amsterdam. You should start there. (or maybe Frankfurt or Munich airports and go to Berlin).

Since I'm from Barcelona, I'd recommend you that. City is small enough to see everything (touristic) within 4 or 5 days.

Must see/go in Barcelona: La RamblaBasílica de la Sagrada FamíliaCasa BatllóLa PedreraEl Barri GòticCathedral of BarcelonaBasilica of Santa Maria del MarLa BarcelonetaMontjuïcPlaza EspañaParc Güell

Mind that Barcelona airport has less international connections to Asia than Madrid airport. But you will have plenty of flights from other Europe cities to barcelona.

May is a great month to travel Barcelona. Good weather, and not high season, so prices are still ok (it gets more crowded/expensive at the end of june until end of august).

4 couples shouldn't be a problem at the time of the year. I'd recommend booking.com or airbnb to find a good accomodation for you.

Since the city is not that big, no need to stay in downtown (prices are higher in center than in other neighborhoods). Subway and bus covers the whole city and you have English info all around.

1. La Rambla (attraction)
  2. Basílica de la Sagrada Família (attraction)
  3. Casa Batlló (attraction)
  4. La Pedrera (attraction)
  5. El Barri Gòtic (attraction)
  6. Cathedral of Barcelona (attraction)
  7. Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar (attraction)
  8. La Barceloneta (attraction)
  9. Montjuïc (attraction)
  10. Plaza España (attraction)
  11. Parc Güell (attraction)