Jennifer

Amsterdam

Affordable hotels in Amsterdam & surrounding areas

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Amsterdam in September. We've both been (separately) in the past and love the city, and now want to spend 10 days or so just relaxing and soaking it all in. 

1) Any recommendations for a good place to stay that's comfortable, but not too pricey (under $100/night)? 

2) Any ideas for nice day trips (or several-day trips) to surrounding towns? We both love to bike and would love to ride through surrounding areas, weather-permitting.

Thanks for any help you can give! Recommendations for anything at all appreciated :). 

Milosha from Dubai

I did a day trip to Zaanse Schans recently. It's a 20 minute train ride from the Central station and it's a quaint little village with windmills, very picturesque, perfect to cycle around.  If you are interested in a little bit of culture, they also have a shoe factory and a cheese shop so it's interesting to look around. 

1. Zaanse Schans (neighborhood)