Christene
Kansas City (Missouri)

Amsterdam

18 Hour Layover in Amsterdam. What to see?

Hello! I purposefully scheduled an 20 hour layover in Amsterdam at the beginning of March on my way back from Morocco to the states. I will be there from 3 PM on a Saturday until my flight leaves at 10:30 AM Sunday morning. I know the Anne Frank Museum closes at 9 PM and I want to for sure see that. Other than that, do you have any recommendations on where to say, what to do, or where to eat? The goal is to see a few great places, have a super nice dinner, get a few winks, send a few post cards, and attempt to make my flight! Budget will be under $150 for the lodging, $150 for site seeing, $100 for dinner. I will be traveling solo.

Other than the Anne Frank house, I'd definitely see the Van Gogh Museum - of all the museums there, it is one of the most special and gives you a real insight into the artist himself.

Walk around the canal district. (And watch for bicycles - they ride fast!) The canal ring is just pretty and you'll find fun little shops, beautiful photo ops, and cute little cafes in that area as well.

I never did write down the names of the restaurants I've loved there, but you won't have a difficult time. I never had a bad meal in Amsterdam. :)

1. Van Gogh Museum (attraction)