Juliette

Amazing spots for scuba diving

I am fond of scuba diving and I plan to travel soon so I am wondering the best spots you have ever been?

Cameron from Salt Lake City

Juliette,

It looks like you have visited Thailand before, but if you haven't dived Ko Phi Phi Le, I would recommend it. I have spent many holidays there, because even the same dive spot has been a different dive, every time. 

I am also a huge fan of Great Barrier Reef, leaving out of CairnsTusa Dive is the company I'd recommend, as their boat is one of the fastest out of Cairns, so you dive the outer reef, which not all companies visit.

On my bucket list, based on recommendations of friends and locals, is Silfra, where the North American and Eurasian plates meet. Imagine 100+m visibility and water so clean, you could take your reg out and drink it... Although it is 2c, so a dry suit is a must and I wouldn't recommend taking the regulator out.

Best of luck planning your next dive holiday! I look forward to seeing where you end up.

1. Ko Phi Phi Le (attraction)
  2. Great Barrier Reef (attraction)
  3. Cairns (city)
  4. Tusa Dive (attraction)
  5. Silfra (attraction)

Milcah from Nairobi

Nyali Beachand Diani Beach Mombasa in Kenya.

1. Nyali Beach (attraction)

Ross from Fort Collins

hey i have been lucky to dive the Great Barrier Reef the Blue Hole and a lot of the Caribbean. i loved Australia but it will cost you! Belize is a good pick

1. Great Barrier Reef (region)
  2. Blue Hole (attraction)
  3. Caribbean (island)
  4. Australia (country)
  5. Belize (country)

Rick from Denver

Hi Juliette! The best place I've ever been diving is Bonaire. The island doesn't offer much above the surface, but it has amazing dive sites. Many sites are accessible from the shore; you don't need to take a boat and you don't need to go very deep. Travel well and be safe!

1. Bonaire (city)

Alvian from Jakarta

Indonesia has a lot of great diving spot!! You can try Hotel Tanjung Bira - (dive with Bira Divers they are awesome!), whale sharks, white tips shark, turtles, lionfish, stonefish, beautiful beach! 

You can also try Tulamben well know for their USAT Liberty Ship Wreck - shore entry, really nice dive here.

You need more dive spot in Indonesia? I have a bunch list of them. Weh IslandKomodoDerawan IslandBunaken, and many more!!

1. Hotel Tanjung Bira (attraction)
  2. Tulamben (neighborhood)
  3. Weh Island (island)
  4. Komodo (island)
  5. Derawan Island (city)
  6. Bunaken (island)

Ruth from Utah

1. Hanauma Bay (attraction)
  2. O'ahu (island)
  3. North Shore (region)
  4. Shark's Cove (attraction)

Kasey

Great scuba diving in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I've heard that just across the bay in Cozumel it's even better. Caye Caulker Belize is excellent, and the islands of Utila and Roatan off the coast of Honduras are amazing. In fact, Alton's Dive Center in Utila is continually sighting and swimming with dolphins and whale sharks, if that interests you. (I'm not being paid to advertise, I just had a great experience there).  I saw many critters there that I've never seen before, including sea horses. Fun! 

There's more to do on land in Mexico and the islands off the coast of Honduras, but a few lazy days in Belize sure isn't bad! The plus to diving in Honduras is the cost is 1/2 the price of diving in other places. The other plus is lodging is free when you dive, so it's even more affordable.

1. Playa del Carmen (city)
  2. Cozumel (island)
  3. Roatan (island)
  4. Alton's Dive Center (attraction)
  5. Caye Caulker (island)
  6. Utila (island)

Christopher from Decatur (Illinois)

Juliette - I have been diving for around 25 years and have visited all throughout the caribbean.  My top places to dive are BonaireGrand Turk, and RoatanCuracao and anywhere in the Caymans are also great to visit! If you have any interest in a particular island let me know and I can possibly give hotel recommendation.  Chris

1. Bonaire (city)
  2. Grand Turk (island)
  3. Curacao (country)
  4. Roatan (island)

Pam from Traverse City, Mi

The best diving we have experienced in the Caribbean is Bonaire , in the southern Caribbean. This tiny island iss made for diving  with 20+ shore drives, dteep walls, sloping drop-offs, exciting wrecks and a double reef system. We recommend Dive Friends Bonaire and like the Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.

1. Bonaire (city)
  2. Sand Dollar Condominium Resort (attraction)

Peter from Madison

I really enjoyed Curacao.  All of my dives where shore dives, very easy, but very spectacular.   Wrecks, reefs, great fish and coral!   Plus it's a great island!

1. Curacao (country)

Giles

1. Marina Del Rey (city)

Emily from United Kingdom

Lady Elliot Island - in 2 days I saw more sharks, turtles, rays, fish, coral, eels and more than I did in 2 weeks in Thailand or a week in Cairns! The visibility is over 30m the whole time and the water is wonderfully warm! Such a great spot :)

1. Lady Elliot Island (city)