Tandy
Miami

Amalfi, Italy

Is winter a good time of year to visit the Amalfi Coast?

I've been wanting to visit the Amalfi Coast for ages and now I finally have a pocket of time open during the winter time.  I was wondering if that was a good time to visit.  What's the weather like?  And if anyone has any hotel/resort recommendations, I'd appreciate those, too!

Deborah from Park Slope

I lived in Positano for a few years and I would recommend it up until November. The shops tend to close and so do the hotels once you hit that time. In terms of weather, it all depends on the year. Some Novembers have been very rainy...but December could go mild again.

If you choose to go I would recommend Casa Celeste  as an amazing Bed and Breakfast or Hotel Buca di Bacco  is quite nice as well.

1. Positano (city)
  2. Hotel Buca di Bacco (hotel)
  3. Casa Celeste (hotel)

Francesco from Milan

I think that the sea in winter is a lot sad. Can't you visit the place in summer or spring (that is the best period)?

Carrie

I'm with Deborah go to Positano !! But I don't know about winter...I'm going end of November but only to Rome because of weather and closings etc.  

1. Positano (city)

Anna from Naples

It's a good time, and a less turistic one, so the place won't be as crowded as in summer... There are chances of the weather being cloudy or rainy (too bad we can't control it...yet!) but I believe you'll be fine. 
If you'll come in the middle of November and you'll find the place already ready for Christmas...and as you're there, why don't you have a peek of Naples Via San Gregorio Armeno, too? :D

1. Naples (city)
  2. Via San Gregorio Armeno (attraction)