Danielle

Danielle from New York City asked

Must sees/dos on the Amalfi Coast during 10 day trip???

Planing a trip to the amalfi coast in September for 10 days. What are some must sees/dos! its hard to whittle down! i Was thinking Capri, Positano, Sorrento, and Ravello? Am I missing anywhere (like Naples?) Too many places???

Amalfi Coast   Capri   Positano   Sorrento   Ravello   Naples

Anna from Naples

Lucky you! well, it's a bit difficult, but 10 days are enough to go around without rushing from a place to another. 

I don't know where you will be staying, but I would suggest you start from Sorrento and visit i Bagni della Regina Giovanna, il Chiostro del Paradiso, and of course, the old centre (just naming a few attractions) then move to Positano and visit it in the morning, then Ravello with its fantastic Duomo Di RavelloVilla Rufolo, (again, just naming a few). Next, Amalfi, of course, and in the afternoon, I would suggest you take a look of the smallest towns, like MaioriAtraniVietri sul Mare... then, if you wish, you could visit Pompeii and Ercolano, and Naples, too. I mean, you have 10 days. You can spend the first 5-6 visiting the coast, the other Pompeii, one other Napoli... this, of course, counted without knowing where you will stay. In 10 days you will really have more than enough time to do whatever you wish :) 
If you have other questions, feel free to ask!

Oh, I almost forgot Capri! You can visit it taking a ferry from Sorrento or Naples! Spend half a day there, and the other half, visit a bit of Ischia, too! 

1. Sorrento (city)
  2. Positano (city)
  3. Ravello (city)
  4. Duomo Di Ravello (attraction)
  5. Villa Rufolo (attraction)
  6. Amalfi (city)
  7. Maiori (city)
  8. Atrani (city)
  9. Vietri sul Mare (attraction)
  10. Pompeii (city)
  11. Ercolano (city)
  12. Naples (city)
  13. Capri (city)
  14. Ischia (attraction)
gloria from New England Usa

We liked Hotel Villa Franca in Positano for the views from the roof top bar!