luiza
Zurich

Amalfi Coast

Best restaurants and bars in Positano/Amalfi?

I'm looking for the best restaurants with lifestyle, good food, and local atmosphere!

Megan from Reston, Virginia

The whole town of Positano seemed pretty touristy to me so I don't have recommendations for local atmosphere. But for food…

I really liked Ristorante Caffè Positano for dinner. It's one of those restaurants higher up in town that hangs out over the view with lots of little lights for ambiance. Try to sit outside down the steps, not right on the road.

If you love seafood and want a splurge (like $$$$$) La Sponda at Le Sirenuse Hotel is worth it.

For a casual wine break Wine-dark House is nice. It's tucked away in the town.

If you want to eat at one of the restaurants on the beach I recommend the outdoor space at Hotel Buca di Bacco. They had the best pizza around and some really good fish dishes (like John Dory with "crazy sauce").

1. Ristorante Caffè Positano (restaurant)
  2. Le Sirenuse Hotel (hotel)
  3. Wine-dark House (restaurant)
  4. Hotel Buca di Bacco (hotel)

Cassandra from Long Island (New York)

Hi Luiza,  I agree with Kristal--check out the smaller towns outside of Positano for the most authentic and unique atmospheres. 

However, if you choose to stay in Positano, head up the hill to the spots overlooking the coast or along the seaside of Spiaggia Grande di Acciaroli. Both are touristy but they are also very lively, with even sometimes exciting with celebrities making an appearance.

Have a great trip!

1. Positano (attraction)
  2. Spiaggia Grande di Acciaroli (attraction)

Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Luiza,

I went last year and while Positano is amazing, I loved our dinners in Nocelle even more, it's a 5 minute bus ride from the center of positano or a 30 minute walk up several flights of stairs. What's awesome about this place is that besides a few b&bs (also amazing if you need a place to stay - we stayed at Casa Cuccaro and loved it!) there are only locals up there (very few might I add) and there are 2 restaurants in the heart of Nocelle - one is a nicer seafood type place and the other is a pizza place that is overlooking the water. Both are great, feel very local and homey and service is great! 

Hope you enjoy!

- Kristal

1. Nocelle (attraction)
  2. Casa Cuccaro (hotel)

Liv from Cape Cod

We loved Ristorante da Vincenzo, a classic family run restaurant with great service. We loved it so much, we went back 3 times during our trip.

1. Ristorante da Vincenzo (restaurant)