Sharon

Amalfi Coast

Apartment or home overlooking water

I am looking for a place to rent during the summer months along the coastline for two couples. Any suggestions?

Sam from London

I don't know about an apartment, but I stayed at a fantastic hotel in Ravello called the Graal Hotel. The views were incredible. I'd stay there again.

1. Graal Hotel (hotel)

Taylor from Pennsylvania

Hi Sharon,

Are you looking to stay in the same place or will you be hopping around?  I stayed at a great Airbnb in Positano called "fall in love villa sofia" in Via Nocelle.  It was awesome!  The host was so accommodating and helpful.  You have the most incredible view of the water and the mountains.  Breakfast was included (and we were given a nice snack with limoncello once we arrived) on the terrace every morning.  The apartment we stayed in had a kitchen, but we never used it.  There are a couple of apartments on the site.  The only downside is that you are very far up the mountain.  There is a bus that comes every hour, but it's a long windy ride down, not so great for the faint of stomach.  There are stairs to walk, but that is also not a light journey.  At least one restaurant in the area will provide a shuttle service from Nocelle to their restaurant and then to the center, but that requires you eating there.  If you rented your own car that would be less of an issue, but I'm not sure of your plans.

Enjoy your trip!  The Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen!

1. Positano (city)

Terri from Napa Valley

What is your budget?  Are you Ok with walking up and down a lot of steep steps to and from a beach or town?  Do you require parking?  Do you prefer to be walking distance to nightlife or would you prefer a little more secluded?