Serena

Amagansett, The Hamptons

Looking for good (but reasonably priced) places to eat in Amagansett

I love food, and I tend to plan my vacations around where I eat. I'm going to Amagansett later this summer and I'd love to get some good but reasonably priced recommendations. I'm more interested in the hidden gems and mom & pop places that I might not learn about on my own vs. the super trendy restaurants that are often overpriced and not that great. I'd also love to know where to get a great breakfast or brunch. Thanks in advance! 

Elliot from Elmhurst, Illinois

I'm all about Hampton Chutney Co. in the main square! Under $15 -- great for lunch or a casual dinner! Meeting House in the main square is good for brunch but beware they don't open until 11:30 on Sat & Sun! 

Skip D'canela all together -- its pretty bad.

Sotto Sopra is REALLY good but kind of pricey if you go for the steak/fish dishes which are their best. Great patio, very chill but still a bit trendy too.

Also, I love Amagansett but Montauk has way better affordable food (go to one of the pancake house for breakfast [across the street on the main thoroughfare from each-other]!

1. Hampton Chutney Co. (restaurant)
  2. Sotto Sopra (restaurant)
  3. Montauk (city)

Zene from Cristal Azul Boutique Retreat

Check out Gosman's Dock or John's Drive-In! John's is best for ice cream after a round of Puff 'n Putt:) The Clam Bar (on Mont. Highway).

1. Gosman's Dock (restaurant)
  2. John's Drive-In (restaurant)
  3. Puff 'n Putt (attraction)
  4. The Clam Bar (restaurant)