Thomas

Alaska

Can't Miss Alaska Locations Out of Anchorage?

I'm going to Alaska from May 18th-May 25th. Flying in and out of Anchorage. We have 4 people total and we rented a large SUV. All 4 of us love the outdoors and we don't mind driving a ton if it means experiencing more places. I'm a landscape and fashion photographer and I'm always in search of great locations to shoot.

What are some can't miss locations and experiences?

Kate from Ohio

On our trip this past August we went to Denali National Park (stayed in Healy), Girdwood, Homer, and Seward.  I would call them all can't miss locations.  We took a boat out of Seward and into the Kenai Fjordsand it was the highlight of the trip.  Denali was out in all her glory both days we were there.  Homer also had some beautiful ocean scenery, make the trip across the bay to Peterson Bay.  Girdwood had some amazing Jurassic park like forests. 

1. Denali National Park (park)
  2. Girdwood (city)
  3. Homer (city)
  4. Seward (city)
  5. Kenai Fjords (attraction)

Mobile