Tandy
Miami

Aix-en-Provence

Hotels and/or spas in Aix-en-Provence

I'm looking into visiting Europe in the spring, including Aix-en-Provence, and was wondering if anyone had any hotel and spa recommendations.  It doesn't have to be a hotel with a spa at all.  I'm looking for a moderately nice hotel that's in a central location so that I can get around easily, and for the spa, I'm open to anything and would especially love to go where the locals go.

Tandy--Aix is one of my most favorite spots on the planet and when I go, I stay at a place called Ateliers du Soleil (more info here). It's a private house run by an artist who teaches oil painting lessons (which you don't have to take to stay there). The house has belonged to her family for generations and is divided into different apartments, each of which is decorated in very traditional Provencal style and is absolutely lovely. She rents them out for a very reasonable price--I don't see anything on her site about prices but I'm sure she'll respond if you email her. 

One of the most well-known spas in Aix is the  Thermes Sextius - Spa. If I'm remembering correctly, they have a hammam there which is amazing if you've never done it before (it's basically a series of very hot rooms). When you go, ask for a "grommage". It's a serious scrub that gets rid of all your dead skin cells. You feel like a newborn baby when it's over. 

Thermes does have hotel there called  Hotel Aquabella. I've never stayed there but I've heard it's great. 

1. Ateliers du Soleil (hotel)
  2. Thermes Sextius - Spa (attraction)
  3. Hotel Aquabella (hotel)

Ludovic from Toulouse

Hôtel des Augustins ( website ) is a very nice place, with a central location, in an ancient convent.

1. Hôtel des Augustins (hotel)

manoj from Hangzhou

try  Nimes about an hour away from Aix-en-Provence. a small beautiful hotel called Manoir De Courbessac. they only have 4 rooms and its just beautiful.

1. Nimes (city)
  2. Aix-en-Provence (city)
  3. Manoir De Courbessac (attraction)