Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Agra for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Agra and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Agra is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Agra

Nishta from New Delhi

For the best views of Taj from your room, The Oberoi Amarvillas are much recommended.

beth from Malibu

The only thing we did in Agra was see the Taj Mahal (and of course our guide insisted that we go visit local artisans who make amazing marble items in the Taj Mahal style.  It's a cruddy town. We saw the Taj at night before sunset and then got up very early to see it again at sunrise. Apparently they keep the Taj open on "full moon" nights which is supposed to be spectacular.  If you are there on a full moon night I would imagine it would be worth it to splurge and stay at the Taj Chain or the Oberoi.  We stayed at The Trident - a massive, corporate hotel that was very inexpensive and they treated us like royalty.  best bang for the buck.  I hope this helps.

1. Taj Mahal (attraction)
kunal from New York City

All the options mentioned are good but it all depends on your budget, how many days you're going for and how much time you plan on spending at the hotel itself? Throwing options at you blindly won't really help you out. Can you Give more details on the above to get more specific recommendations?

Arpit from Jaipur, Rajasthan

Try Hotel The Taj Vilas Agra or Hotel Taj Resorts, Best location with a partial view to Taj Mahal from the hotel itself

Arti from Agra

We have lots of hotels are available in Agra, my recommendation to stay in Agra Luxury Home Stay nice property.

In Agra you will find Mughal period monuments, great place for shopping.

If you need I can send you the proper Itinerary,.

Regards

Arti 

Karan

You can visit All famous monuments of agra such as Taj MahalAgra FortItmad-ud-Daula(baby taj), SikandraJama Masjid all in the same day. 

1. Taj Mahal (attraction)
  2. Agra Fort (attraction)
  3. Itmad-ud-Daula (attraction)
  4. Sikandra (attraction)
  5. Jama Masjid (attraction)
Arvind

There is a home stay run by a retired Army person. If home stays are your thing i can dig through the contact. We had a great experience staying with him.