Jill
Minneapolis

Advice for flying with a large(r) dog?

My dog is 37lbs. and unable to fit in a carrier under the seat of a plane.  What is the best way to fly with a larger sized dog?  I am too scared to put her in cargo. Is there another option?

Fernando

I work with pet travel and I can assure you it`s perfectly safe for a dog to fly cargo, specially with good airlines. The best airline there is in the U.S. for pet travel is United. They have the PetSafe program that is unmatched so far, to my knowledge.

Hope I`ve helped.

Elaina

Is your dog an emotional support animal or any type of service animal to for you? If so all you need is the documentation for it and they can travel with you on the plane. Make sure with whatever air carrier your taking that it's okay. But I know on southwest we get them all the time.