Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Acre for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Acre and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Acre is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Acre (Israel)

Katja from Acre

Hey Katie,

I used to live 22 years in Acre, I'm not sure what's your plans for the city, but from my perspective there is nothing worth to see in the new town, the most interesting part of the city is no  doubt the old town, therefor I would recommend to stay there as well. As I don't know your budget, I will recommend two places. The first one is the The Efendi Hotel (which I never  been two, but hope to stay there one day), and the other one is a more budget place, called HI - Akko Hostel.. I have a German friend who stayed there for one night and was very happy with the place.

1. The Efendi Hotel (hotel)
  2. HI - Akko Hostel (attraction)