Rocio
Costa Rica

A message of solidarity for the people of Paris?

As a traveler who love to share with all kind of people around the globe and visit amazing cities like Paris...the only word that comes to my mind right now is PEACE...

Sean from Hudson Valley

We can only wish for peace and healing for the people of Paris and their wonderful city.  Proud, strong and secure in their identity, we all know the people of Paris, and of all France, will not only survive this tragedy, but thrive in spite of the evils and hatred of others.

We as travelers have a duty to never forget; and to be ever vigilant to the fact that our travels, and the travels of others, probably have the greatest power to broaden horizons, open minds, and thus help prevent these type of acts in the future.

Edna from Paris

As someone who lives in Paris, the best thing you can do in solidarity with the people of Paris is to CONTINUE visiting the city.

I keep hearing stories of tourists who are leaving early, or cancelling their trips outright. This is not the answer! Paris is still incredibly safe, and after the attacks there has been even more security posted around the city. 

As an American I feel 500% safer on a day-to-day basis in Europe than I ever do in the US, even after what happened last Friday. 

Betsy

If I was there now, I would take a walk in Luxembourg Garden Gardens.That is peaceful.

1. Luxembourg Garden (attraction)