We are going to take a look at the great state of Wisconsin. Most people know this state for its cheese production, but I bet you won't believe some of these other interesting Wisconsin State Facts.
1. WI is home to the first hydroelectric plant in the United States, which was built in 1882.
2. Door County has a total of five state parks, which is more than any other county. Door County also has the most miles of shoreline along Lake Michigan, which total to about 250 miles.
3. The city of Wausua is known as the Ginseng capital of the world.
4. In the United States, this state is known as the dairy capital. This is because WI produces more milk than any other state in the U.S.
5. The UFO, or Unidentified Flying Object, capital of the state is the city of Belleville.
6. In 1867, one of the first practical typewriters was created in Milwaukee.
7. Hayward is the home to the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame, which happens to be shaped like a Muskie, a type of fish.
8. This state has a total of 15,210 miles of snow highways for snowmobiles, all of these trails are signed and maintained.
9. WI is home to 7,446 streams and rivers which equal a total of 26,767 miles.
10. The state's oldest incorporated village is Sauk City.
11. The loon capital of the world is located in WI. A loon is a type of aquatic bird.
12. The toilet paper capital of the world is the city of Green Bay.
13. Milwaukee is home to one of the nation's largest music festivals, the Summerfest. Summerfest has on average 2,500 performers.
14. The bratwurst capital of the world is Sheboygan.
15. The snowmobile capital of the world is Eagle River.
16. Ripon was where the Republican Party was founded in 1854.
17. The Swiss cheese capital of the world is the city of Monroe.
18. The Badger State is the nickname for Wisconsin.
19. The American Birkebeiner, which is the largest North American cross-country ski race, takes place in WI. This race is 52K.
20. In 1884, the very first Ringling Brother Circus took place.
These Wisconsin state facts go to show you that this state is the capital for many things throughout the world and the United States. This state can be known for a lot more than just being the capital of cheese.