We're here to bring you a list of the most interesting Texas state facts you'll find online. Without further adieu, let's dive in and see what this place has to offer.
1. Texas has the nickname "The Lone Star State."
2. The most popular historic site in the state is the Alamo which is where the Texas defenders fell to the Mexican General Santa Anna which created the phrase "remember the Alamo."
3. The King Ranch in Texas is bigger on its own than the state of Rhode Island.
4. Texas provides more wool than any other place in the United States.
5. This is the only state that entered the Union by treaty instead of territorial annexation.
6. The state was an independent republic from 1836 to 1845.
7. Here is where you'll find the nation's largest herd of whitetail deer.
8. The oldest tree in the state is located near Fulton and is estimated to be over 1,500 years old.
9. The only natural lake in Texas is Caddo Lake.
10. The first declaration of independence was signed in Goliad and the first flag of Texas was hoisted.
11. The capitol building in Austin is made from Texas pink granite.
12. Austin is also the live music capital of the world.
13. Central Texas is known as the Silicon Valley of the south, is home to both Dell and Compaq computers.
14. There are a number of Texas sport teams including the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, Houston Astros, and more.
15. Dr Pepper was invented in the city of Waco in 1885. The Dublin factory still uses imperial cane sugar in its products.
16. The first suspension bridge in the U.S. is the Waco Bridge that was built in 1870 and is still used today.
17. The official mammal of the state is the armadillo.
18. Texas built the first domed stadium in the country in April of 1965.
19. Three of the ten most populated citites in the U.S. are in Texas: Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.
20. Texas encompasses over 7.4% of the nation's total surface area, 267,339 square miles.
21. The cattle population in Texas is estimated at 16 million.
22. The Tyler Municipal Rose Garden has 38,000 rose bushes in a 22-acre garden, making it the largest in the world.
23. The first rodeo in the world was held in Pecos in July of 1883.
24. Amarillo in the state has the world's largest helium well.
25. There is more farmland in Texas than in any other state.
You're now a master of this state with these Texas state facts.