1. Weather fact: it never rains in Lima. Yes, we have some drizzle, but not "real" rains, so you can forget the umbrella at home.
2. Geek fact 1; some parks have free public wifi. Try it at Parque Central de Miraflores. If it works smoothly, give us a call.
3. Geek fact 2: There's a huge black market of software. Take a look at our Local Flavor blog to find more info.
4. Sports fact: local sport is soccer. The two top Lima teams are Universitario de Deportes and Alianza Lima. If there's a match while you are in Lima, be careful with the local hooligans.
5. Fun fact: Limenians call "lemons" to that tiny green fruit you call "lime". And yes, they call "lime" to those yellow, thick-skinned lemons you put into your tea.
6. Ipad fact: there's an intercity bus company based in Lima that offers iPad for first-class passenger's use. Take a look into our pages to find out which one :)
7. History fact: Lima was founded on the land of of indian chief Taulichusco, and the some of the old ruins can be see in the garden of one of the oldest manor houses built on the Main Square.
8. Geography fact: Lima is the largest province in Peru, with some eight million residents.
9. Food fact: Expect to eat like a king in Lima. Peruvian gastronomy is becoming world-famous and Lima has many very good restaurants. Odds are that even humble, inexpensive places can provide you an unforgettable gastronomical experience.
10. Transit fact: Lima's traffic-jams can be horrendous, specially during the rush hours, and there's no difference between using taxis or buses. So try to take your time, take a book just in case, and smile patiently. There's nothing else you can do.
11. Gay fact: the most gay-friendly district is Miraflores.
12. Vegetarian fact: there are not too many vegetarian choices in local restaurants. But you will find a brave new veggie world in Lima supermarkets.