1. Historical fact: The first Miss America pageant took place in Atlantic City in 1921 and the city hosted the event until 2005.
2. The Miss America pageant was held in Boardwalk Hall (formerly called Convention Hall), which currently holds the world's largest pipe organ.
3. HBO's new series Boardwalk Empire, which deals with gangsters in Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition in the 1920s, is actually filmed in Brooklyn.
4. Random fact: "The Chaperone" Seinfeld episode, where Jerry mistakenly kills Miss Rhode Island's doves for her magic act in the Miss America pageant, is partially based in Atlantic City.
5. Interesting fact: All of the street names from the Monopoly board game are in Atlantic City except one. Marvin Gardens, which is actually spelled Marven Gardens, is located in Margate.
6. Before they were stars of the "Jersey Shore," Snooki was an aspiring veterinary technician and Jenni "JWoww" spent three years studying computer programming
7. Fun fact: In July 1960, Chubby Checker first introduced "the twist" dance craze at the Rainbow Club in Wildwood.
8. Interesting Fact: The Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort in Atlantic City has four and a half times more steel than the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
9. Rear Admiral Alan Shepard, America's first astronaut on a manned space flight (1961), was a 1941 graduate of Admiral Farragut Academy in Pine Beach.
10. Fun fact: Cape May was a popular Victorian vacation spot. The swimming rules were different than they are today. Men and women had different swim hours, women wore dresses and shoes in the water, and men wore woolen shorts and shirts.
11. The Promenade in Cape May used to be reserved for respectable walks along the beach, and men and women would all wear their finest of clothing.
12. Weird fact: Wildwood's large beaches expand by up to 100 feet in a single year; they are some of the only beaches on the East Coast where the shoreline is not diminishing.