Every state has it's own unique features, landmarks, and stories behind it. We'll look at some Arizona state facts that you may never have heard before. Let's check them out!
1. Arizona is classified as a "right-to-work" state, which means that no one can be denied employment because they aren't a member of a labor group.
2. The aptly named "Arizona trout" is only found in this state.
3. This state is the leading producer of copper in the U.S.
4. The white flowers that bloom on the saguaro cactus are the official state flower.
5. The state's official fossil is petrified wood. It can be found in a forest located in the northeastern region of the state.
6. The state has official neck wear: the bola tie.
7. Arizona's state tree is the Palo verde. It has a bright yellow-gold color to it during the spring months.
8. The state's official bird, the cactus wren, builds nests within the cacti found throughout the state.
9. This state is home to the Grand Canyon National Park
10. The roof of the capitol building has enough copper to create 4,800,000 pennies.
11. Mountain Standard Time is used year-round without DST except for a small corner of the state where the Navajo Nation is located.
12. There is a battleship, the USS Arizona, that was named after the state and commissioned in 1913.
13. The Navajo Nation's capital is Window Rock.
14. The official colors of Arizona are blue and gold.
15. One of the state's corners is among the Four Corners where a person can stand in one place and be in four states at once.
16. The Flaming Gorge in the Grand Canyon earned its name from the bright red and orange colored rock walls that stand 1,200 feet high.
17. Arizona was the 48th to be admitted to the Union on February 14, 1912.
18. The largest telescope in the world is located at the Kitts Peak National Observatory in the city of Sells.
19. In historical times, Camels were used to move goods and cargo across the state.
20. The city of Phoenix began as a hay camp in 1866.
There you have it, Arizona state facts for kids, adults, and everyone in between.