i want to take a one small hotel at orcha madhya paradesh
Hi, I travelled from Mumbai to Kanpur on 31st oct and 1st nov to be with my parents on Diwali. Road from Mumbai to Indore is great. But after Indore, it's terrible. Stretch from Indore to Guna and even upto Shivpuri is horrible. It's convenient only after you get NH25 to Jhansi and there onwards. In return, I don't want to take that Guna Indore route. I am planning this route - Kanpur - Jhansi - Lalitpur - Bina - Vidisha - Bhopal - Indore - Mumbai. Will that be OK.
My parents and I are planning a road trip from Chennai to Madhya Pradesh (middle of December). We are thinking about covering these places in the following order:
1. Kanha National Park (2 nights)
2. Bandhavgarh National Park (2 nights)
3. Pachmarhi (2 nights)
4. Ujjain (1 night)
5. Omkareshwar (1 night)
In this regard, I have the following questions:
1. Could someone please advise me regarding the route to be taken, keeping in mind road condition and safety. Maximum distance we would like to cover in a day is 600-700 km (total trip duration of around 13-15 days).
2. Also, I wondering if is worthwhile doing rafting in Orchha? Does Madhya Pradesh Tourism or any other private company offer rafting in Orchha?
3. Related to the above question, does Madhya Pradesh tourism or any other private company offer parasailing in Pachmarhi? I have seen parasailing as a part of a package, but I was not able to spot it separately anywhere.
4. Is Satpura National Park worth a visit? How far is it from Pachmarhi?
5. Is the cost for the jeep safari included along with the room rent in Madhya Pradesh Tourism's resorts at Kanha and Bandhavgarh? Or should it be booked separately online?
Thanks and regards,
Will be going by train from Varanasi to Umaria and then head to Tala (Bandhavgarh NP). According to the schedule the train (Sarnath Express) will arrive about 22.15 PM. Will I be able to get transport to Tala at that time or is it better to spend the night in Umaria (if yes, any suggestions?). Anyone knows about possible delays in arrival time?
I am arriving Jhansi on 26-08-2010 and will depart from jhansi on 30-8-2010. What are the places around jhansi other than Khajuraho to visit along with my wife. Let me know the surrounding places
Has anyone been to Central India near the Narmada River to see where the Shiva Lingam stones are found?
Exactly where in Madhya Pradesh are the stones found?
Is it easy to get to the site?
I am planning on going at the end of July? What will the weather be like then? Temperatures?
Are there any recommendations for accomodation and good food near the site or along the river?
Is there a lot to see and do in Madhya Pradesh?
Is it best to fly into Mumbai and travel from there? Would road or train be better?
Thanks for your help
I want to visit Omkareshwar from Ujjain. Can I vist ujjain to Omkareshwar and back to Ujjain in a single day. How can I do that.
Just wanted check to see if there is any cell phone coverage in Tala and Mukki (where I will be staying while visting the parks). I will be travelling there in late March and wanted to see if it would be worthwhile to pick up an SIM card when I am in Delhi and if it would work while I am near the national parks. Thanks! Jeff
I spent some weeks in 2004 and 2005 in Ujjain, and a very good time in "my" hotel, in front the railway station, the Sagar hotel (or hotel Sagar...).
I want to give a call to Joshi-Ji, the manager, and to Kâkâ, who is working there and one day invited me for a "subah ka nashta".
If somebody is going to Ujjain or leave in Ujjain please can you be kind enough to enter there, to ask the phone number and to write it here ?
Thanks a lot.
I would like to know a few names of car rental operators based out of Indore. I would prefer to know agents who actually own the vehicles. Please do share information &/or experiences.....
We are family with child 3 y.o. Have been traveling with child before in India by scooter (Goa, Karnataka,Kerala). This time (end of january) we will come to Madhya Pradesh!
We probably will arrive by train from Agraa to Jhansi. Please share inf if it possible to rent scooter or motorcycly for 1-2 days near in Jhansi.
How much is price?
Thank you in advance,
i would like to know whetherthere is a direct road to mandu on the mumbai indore road NH3. how many hours by road to reach mandu?how are the road conditions currently and are the roads in mp safe?
Does anybody know of a reliable Indian based tour comapny that can arrange a 21 day trip around Madhaya Pradesh and South Rajastan for two people in the spiring of 2009?
am i the only tourist in bhopal ?
i haven't seen any .
if there are ,you can contact me at [email]
I am planning a trip for about 1 week to Bandhavgarh after a couple of weeks in Goa. I will be departing from and returning to Mumbia. The thought of a jungle safari and spotting a tiger in the wild is sooooo exciting and from what I've read, Bandhavgarh nature reserve seems to be the place to go. From my initial checks, it seems that getting a train to the area is easiest and cheapest and I should be able to arrange this in Mumbia on my way to Gao.
My main query is  how do I go about booking an elephant/jeep safari? Do I do this when I arrive or can I prebook [I'd hate to go that far and not get booked]  are there any reasonable hotels near the reserve that i can book over the net?  how many hours [approx] is the train trip from Mumbia to the area?
Any advice on these points would be greatly appreciated but any useful comments on how to go about this adventure would be great. Thanks in anticipation,
I am planning to go to MP towards the end of February, for the Khajuraho Dance festival. However, that is not the only item on my agenda. I plan to cover Jabalpur-Bhedaghat and either Kanha National Park or Pachmarhi in the visit.
Need help from people who have been there.
1. Please suggest a good tour company/travel agent who would help me with a car and booking a few hotels. I am based in Pune.
2. Has anybody been to the Dance Festival? How is it? How is the rush? Should I book tickets for the same in advance? What is the best way to get tickets?
3. What is a good hotel in Khajuraho to stay? I read not so good reviews about Taj Chandela. Clarks and Holiday Inn seem to be ok. How are Usha Bundela and Jass Trident?
4. It is not possible to pack all 4 (Khajuraho, Bhedaghat, Kanha and Pachmarhi) all in a 1-week trip. I am definitely planning to cover the first two. Any suggestion about whether I should go to Kanha or Pachmarhi?
5. What is the best way to see the Marble Rocks in Bhedaghat? Some details would be good.
6. Please suggest good hotels/resorts in Pachmarhi and Kanha NP.
7. What is the best way to spend two days in Pachmarhi? Is a guide needed? Where can I find a good guide?
8. I am thinking of traveling to one of the train stations in the area and then hiring a car for the rest of the tour. Is this a good idea? Any better alternative?
do anyone has idea about the condition of roads around bandhavgarh. Is journey from jabalpur to bandhavgarh confortable or bumpy. Is is better to go from Umaria. How to book hotels there from delhi. I want a fairly budget hotel there. Whether they provide accomodation inside the jungle like in corbett park. I plan to go there in March 2005.
Anyone ever stayed at the White Tiger Forest Lodge in the Bandhavgarh Wildlife Park? It is a MPT, Forest Rest House . Would appreciate your comments on that Lodge or any other budget minded accomodations with AC and hot water and toilet ensuite. Please include an e-mail contact and web page if you have the information. mahalo traveling with aloha the coconut wireless
Aloha from Kauai Would like to know where anyone out there has stayed when visiting Kanha and Bandhavgarh and Ranthambhore National Wildlife Parks?? Comments on the level of accommodations and the costs and transportation used to get to the parks would also be appreciated. It would also be helpful to know what time of year (weather) you where there and how long ago? Mahalo(thanks) traveling with aloha the coconut wireless
Hi, I want to go to Mandu in july. I will arrive by train from Khandhwa and I prefer not to go to Indore (or Mhow) to go back by bus (3/4 hours) to Mandu (time lost ?). I want to know if it is a good Idea to stop either in Sanawad either in Barwaha. From which town I have more chances to find buses (or taxi but money money...) ? I sent an e-mail to but I think that sarkari karmacari are too busy to answer. Thank you
Namaste, Thanks again to the friends who answered me last year. After Haryana and Punjab (the five rivers) in 2003 I will stay this summer one month and half in Madhya Pradesh (Ujjain and Chattarpur). Do you know wich buses are going from Udaipur to Ujjain and when are the departures ? If you know some cheap hotel in Ujjain and Chattarpur tell me (low budget : 100/150 rps (the first 20 days last year I spent, all included, 349 rps a day in average)). Sukria, Jacques
Hello, I am looking for travelers that are willing to participate to a documentary on the Kumbh Mela and that are ready to explain their motivations.
Hey everyone!!!! I didn't find much on here about Bhopal, and I'm scheduled to travel there (hopefully) in November. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me about that.
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.