a VirtualTourist member from Kuala Belait
Hi, please check my itinery and tell me if it is possible or not. Thank you.
Morning: Arrive at Solo Airport, Triwindu Flea Market, Klewer Market
Afternoon: Prambanan (Ramayana Ballet)
Overnight in Solo/Yogyakarta
Morning: Yogyakarta (Kraton, Kota Gede, etc)
Afternoon: Check in Manohara Hotel
Morning: Sunrise at Borobudur
Afternoon: Proceed to Bromo
Afternoon: Surabaya --> Bali
1. How can I know if there is Ramayana Ballet at Prambanan on the day I arrive? Most probably be Wednesday.
2. For the 1st day, should I stay overnight in Solo or Jogja?
3. Besides Kraton and Kota Gede, any other interesting places in Jogja?
4. Is it possible for me to make a trip to Keliurang on the 2nd day before I check in Manohara?
5. I need a tour for Bromo. Any recommendation?
6. I will go to Bali by air. Which airline is the safest?
Thanks a lot! :)
Ahhh... more questions about Java :-)
1) Your hotel or guesthouse will almost certainly have the schedule for the Ramanyana Ballet at Prambanan on hand. It's very basic tourist information. If I recall correctly, performances are held four nights a week.
2) Your choice - it depends on what you want to do in Solo, and maybe if you can get the ballet schedule from here. I did a quick look just now and couldn't find anything up to date.
3) Check a batik workshop out.
4) Beats me!
5) You can do Bromo itself pretty readily without a full-fledged tour. There are services for getting straight out there, and wherever you stay will offer jeep rides out for sunset, arrange pony rentals, or whatever else you might need and is on offer. There is no need to stitch it all together in one tidy package.
Your itinerary looks perfect to me. For Ramayana Ballet schedule in Parambanan, please check my tips on Parambanan. They have performance on full moon nights and is held in Trimurti open air theatre at the Parambanan temple complex. It is a very rejuvenating experience to watch the Ramayana story being enacted by the local artists. So you need to check if you are visiting Parambanan around full moon time.
From Parambanan, you can directly proceed to Hotel Manohara, although it will be too much of travelling. But rest assured, it will be worth the sacrifice. Spend your first night at Borobudur. Next day, watch the sunrise, go through the borobudur temple complex, and come down to Jogja. You will have the afternoon of the second day to spare for Jogja. You can see the Kraton. Very impressive. The royal family still stays there. Spend the second night in Jogja. Next day, if you want, you can proceed to Kaliurang and return by afternoon.
After that, you may proceed to Mt Bromo.
If you manage to get a tickt in Garuda for Bali, it will be good. Otherwise, there is a budget airlines also (Lion air I guess). Preferably fly Garuda. It is a one hour flight.
Hope this helps