a VirtualTourist member
I would like to know if somebody has bought at Rossio Station a combine Bus+Train ticket for 1 day (price: 12 Euros) to go from Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais. I want to visit Sintra for 1 day and this is my planning:
- Train from Rossio to Sintra (1,70 €)
- From Sintra Station there is a bus No. 434 (4,50 € go and return) to go up to Da Pena Palace. I visit the Palace.
- I go down or take the bus No. 434 to Mouros Castle (Is it worth to visit it?)
- I keep on going down or by bus No. 434 to the National Palace. I take some photos of it because I'm not interested in visiting inside.
- I go on walking up to Quinta Regaleira and visit it.
- From Regaleira to Sintra Station and here take the bus No. 403 to go to Cabo de Rouca (which is the price?). I take some photos and take again bus No. 403 to Cascais (Is it valid the same ticket or I have to buy another one?)
- I visit Cascais and going for a walk I arrive at Estoril.
- Return train from Estoril to Cais do Sodré at Lisbon (price?)
Does anybody know if this combine ticket (12 Euros) include trains and those buses (403 y 434) I want to use ?
I know it would be better to spend more time but I only have 1 day to do the whole trip.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Most people walk from the Palacio da Pena to the Castelo dos Mouros. It is a pleasant walk downhill, and probably takes 10-15 minutes. From what I recall there was a combined ticket for both the Palace and the Castle. Can't help you with the transportation as we took a taxi from Cascais, about 18 euro and walked everyplace in Sintra. Karl
"From Regaleira to Sintra Station and here take the bus No. 403 to go to Cabo de Rouca (which is the price?). I take some photos and take again bus No. 403 to Cascais (Is it valid the same ticket or I have to buy another one?)"
I did that trip in June. The 403 is a very interesting bus ride and get a seat at the very front if you can! I did not have the pass, so paid two bus fares having got off to walk at Cabo da Roca for a couple of hours. I forget exactly what I paid but I think it was less than 3 Euros each time. I paid €1,70 each way on the train, so my total cost was less than the one day pass.
The one day train and bus pass (cost €12,00) includes the
Lisboa Cais do Sodré »» Cascais rail line
Lisboa Rossio »» Sintra rail line
Lisboa Alcântara »» Lisboa Oriente (Parque das Nações) rail line
Na Scotturb este bilhete é válido em toda a nossa rede de autocarros, à excepção do serviço urbano de Cascais – busCas, Giros e Villa Express. Meaning it is valid on all Scotturb buses except the local buses in Cascais and the Villa Express around Sintra.
I hope that helps.
Don't buy any combined ticket - buses in Cascais and Sintra belong to another company (http://www.scotturb.com/ptindex.htm)and are not included. The cheapest way is to use single tickets in all the legs, or to buy a daily ticket from Scotturb, in the bus, for 10 €, covering all trips between Cascais, Sintra and Cabo da Roca.
From Pena to Castelo dos Mouros is a short walk. Unless the weather is bad don't wait for the bus.