I and my family (wife, 2 kids - 11 years and 7 years) will reach Shimla on 17-Dec-2016. We will start from Delhi to Shimla at around 8 AM by rented Car. This is the first first we will visit that area. Need to book our hotels there.
1. Pls. let us know which area of Shimla will be good place to stay for us (new tourists)? I mean where many tourists stay.
2. We heard that Kufri is also an attractive place to visit. In that case, should we stay directly in Kufri instead of Shimla?
3. Is Manali usually colder than Shimla (asking for expert opinion though I am following weather there)? What are the good place in Manali to stay (like what I mean above).
Is one day enough to see the sights of Shimla? I am planning to do Chandigarh to Shimla and back in a day. Crazy?
I plan to go from Chandigarh to Shimla and Amritsar and back to Chandigarh. Can you suggest a travel route? Order does not matter, but travel time is to be minimum! Couldn't find flights to Shimla, SLV from Chandigarh or Amritsar.
we planned to tour shimla manali on 6th may. is it safe to travel?
Pleas help me to find a good source for me, I want to go Shimla with my friends for a week and need a low budget tour package for it. Suggestion required....????
How long is the drive from Shimla to Amritsar?
Are the early weeks of October good times to visit Shimla?
We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 11years and would like to go to shimla the main attraction is playing snow and allied sports. plan to go in january as snowfall is expected at that time. kindly guide the time of visit and places to visit . iam from tamilnadu state, India . Can i cover the trip to all places in 5 days........
Next month I am going to visit Shimla with my frineds. Can someone tell me time table of toy train from Kalka to Shimla. how may hours it take from Kalka?
Hi, me and my wife and my friend and his (4 of us) plan to fly to Shimla on the 10th of FEB, whats the weatehr?? and we plan to drive or take a cab back to delhi on 11th evening,.. and see some sights on the way...
wat are ur suggestions for our short stay??we arive in shimla aiport at 10am.. how long to the city?? and where should we go for the rest of the day? we like to explore some nature and hills if time permits or some cultura sites.. during the day.. and following morning hours.
how long is the drive back to Delhi?? and how much roughly would it cost..
I will be visiting Shimla, Manali and Dharmasala in the 1st week of June for 10/12 days for my honeymoon. Can anyone please suggest how should I plan my trip? What are the must-sees in these places? How to travel in and around these places without burning a hole in your pocket? Good safe hotel/cottage options in the range of Rs 1000-1500.
Thanks a ton in advance.
I'll be going to Shima 9-10 Oct 2010. I am wondering what is the weather condition over there and the "must see" place. would like to meet up with VT members over there too.
I am planning to come shimla in least week of this month. can you tell me what is the temperature / weather condition during that period. I am moving from pune on 26-02-2008. Also please suggest what type of warm cloths are needed during this.
what type of weather can be expected in the latter half of april this year and what are the suitable activities available other than trekking?
any outstanding suisine or restaurants?
does any member have any experience of this hotel as a place of accommodation and locality with a view to day trip around the region.
is there any public transportation to shimla town. please indicate the frequency and normal travel time.
any must try cuisine or visit areas?
hi vt members
is there any vt member living in shimla parmanently i want to talk to him pls tell me
Can anyone tell me what will the temperature be in Shimla during day and night time by mid December ? What time will it gets dark ?
I'm taking the afternoon toy train from Shimla, arriving Kalka at 20.10pm. The connecting train to Delhi departs at 23:45pm. Can anyone suggest me what must I do during the almost 4 hours waiting ? Is there a waiting lounge at Kalka Railway station or I will be frozed to death ? TQ.
I need some help. I'm going to India 1st or 2nd week of Dec. I'm flying from Kuala Lumpur to Delhi. Plan to take a local sightseeing tour in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Then, I would like to go to Shimla. My questions are :
1. Since I'm a budget traveller, I'm taking the cheaper bus - ISBT, not the luxury HRTC. Is this the bus that referred as always crowded and never on time ? Hope not. Do you know how much is the fare from Delhi to Shimla, and also the bus timetable ? How long is the journey ?
2. I'm thinking of getting to Shimla by bus and back to Delhi by train, to get more taste on India transportation. How do I get the train (toytrain?), how much is the fare and do you know the timetable ?
3. I want to go skiing at Kufri, for the 1st time in my life. Will it already snowing at the time I arrived there ? Where can I rent ski equipments and any idea of the rate ?
4. I understand that I can take a bus up to Kufri from Shimla. How frequent is this bus ?
5. Which is the nearest backpacker hostel to Shimla bus station ?
I'm sorry if I asked too many questions, and most on expenses, because I travel on a shoestring budget. Hee...hee...Thanks.
MAIL ME AT [email]
Hi friends can u ppl please tell the attractive places to visit in simla n whats are the necessary things to take with me,as iam going there first time in january.
hi! me& some of my classmates are planning to visit Shimla and dehradun this january.we would like to know abt the spots to visit in both places.we would be in shimla for a day and a half.in dehradun one day. thanks.
We want to return to Himachal Pradesh. Last time we were there we met a wonderful tour guide, based we think in Shimla, called KK. (Kay Kay, Ke Ke???). He helped us out of a fix in the Spiti region, on the way to Nako. We would love to contact him again. Can anyone help with information?
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.