Hello. Four of us are visiting Norway in first 2 weeks of June 2015. On 7th June, we want to leave Geirangerfjord, go to Runde for a bird-watching boat trip and then at night go to Alesund. I want to know:
(1) what is the best way of travel between these locations?
(2) Is this too much travel for a day?
We will be able to see puffin (or any other birds) as early as beginning of May?
I need your help guys, as the information here is probably quite outdated. We consider visiting Runde Island during my tour of Norway during end June, as a one-day trip from Åndalsnes, and I have several questions. Before answering, you might want to know that I will be driving a rented car and that we do only easy walking for up to 1-2 hours. Now for the questions:
1. will I be able to watch many species of birds during such a trip?
2. how do you suggest me to plan this day?
3. can I combine it with visiting another site on the same day?
My ship calls at Alesund for one day on Sunday 27 July. Can anyone advise how to get from Alesund to Runde Island, with some idea of the costs involved?
I was wanting to know if we will be able to see Puffins at Runde island at the end of August?
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.