a VirtualTourist member from Davao City
im a 30ish single lady... planning to go to manila alone on february 5 to 10... i'm planning to stay at ACL Suites in 13th Ave, Cubao, Quezon City...
i searched for hotel reviews but i didnt get much feedback about ACL... can anyone share their opinion about the place?
this is actually my nth trip to manila but this is the very first time im gonna stay in a budget hotel-- alone--- with no one to drive me around the metro...
i have several questions... and i hope you guys could help me...
1. how much would i spend for a taxi fare from NAIA 3 to cubao? (ETA manila is around 12 noon)?
2. i would like to go to the fort.... is it easy to go there and return to cubao by taxi? how much would it cost?
3. what are the nice places to check out at night?
4. what are the malls i should visit?
would really love to maximize my vacation... i would appreciate it if you can share with me a 5-day trip plan...
thanks in advance
I'm not familiar with ACL either. Why not consider Eurotel?
1. Using the metered taxi, it will cost you between P200-P250 or more if there's heavy traffic. Nowadays, it's difficult to predict traffic due to on-going road rehabilitation/construction in some parts of Metro which prompts drivers (esp. with private vehicles) to seek alternative routes.
2. Yes, quite easy. You can either take EDSA or C5. Metered taxi will be about P150-P200 max.
3. If you're referring to nightlife, check out Timog or Eastwood which are both near Cubao. Going farther south will bring you to The Fort.
4. Within Cubao, there's Gateway. North of Cubao is Trinoma and The Block at SM North EDSA. Of course, there's Mall of Asia at the west end of EDSA.
asianbelle pretty much wrapped it up there..
just an add-on : greenhills is also near cubao, you may want to visit there for a "tiangge" version shopping. They've renovated Virramall quite recently.
Another option for tiangge shopping is Tiendesitas which is on the way from Cubao to C5.
I have stayed at ACL and was surprised at how nice the room was! Its almost luxurious that I did not expect at such a location. Even the soap, shampoo and toothbrush had the ACL brand/logo so it did not look like a budget hotel to me :)
My taxi from NAIA 3 last tuesday to Kamias (near but beyond Cubao) was P190++ so I gave P200. That's the regular taxi (e.g., EMP or MGE) not the all-yellow metered taxi which is more expensive.
Yep the fort is easy reach by cab and it should be around P100 or just a little bit more but you can try combining the jeeps buses and MRT for fun (and safety since you are alone)
Eastwood is good day or night and near Cubao. There's a new big mall (but not all shops are open yet) and hey, you can take a jeep right near ACL to Citibank and cross the footbridge to enter Eastwood! BTW, there is a nice clean bus that ply from Eastwood to the fort @P25. hop-in and you elbow a lot of call center agents, disney and pixar artists and other BPO folks!
Beyond Eastwood is Tiendesitas and nearby to MetroWalk and the Ortigas Center places including Megamall, the Podium and Galleria.
Further and away south will be the Fort. If you don't know yet, there is a loop bus from inside the fort to EDSA so you can hop to Glorietta and Greenbelt.
If you are tech-savvy, head to Gateway Mall, there is an LRT station there and hop to Gilmore!
All the rest, listen to the posts above! I like the Timog-Morato areas for a nightcap :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH.. I FIND THIS VERY HELPFUL... :)
THANKS A LOT!