Hi! I am visiting my in-laws in Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur with my wife and our 8 month old infant. We want to enjoy a week or two of some quiet relaxing time. Just wondering if we could find an apartment, a small house or even home stay for the first two weeks of March, preferably within an hour driving distance from Santa Maria and near the beach if possible. We would like to be able to cook our meals so we dont have to eat outside all the time. Thank you for your help. We can be reached at 0921-253-4131 or [email] .
How long is the travel time from vigan to sta. maria ilocos sur? What transportation should we take going there? would it also be reasonable to just stay in vigan than in sta. maria? how far is the city hall of sta. maria?
My gf wants to travel from Manila to Ilocos Sur with her daughter and a small dog. This was ok on severral other occasions but now she has been refused by three bus companies because of new rules against dogs. Can this be true? How does anyone transport a dog in the Philippines? She has no other option.
I've read some of the blogs regarding trips to Pagudpud. This will be a big help for us in going there as we are planning to make the trip this April. I have few questions in mind though:
What are the reccommended hotels to stay in Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpud?
What is the approximate travel time from Pagudpud to Manila?
Thanks a lot!
My friend and I are planning a tour in Ilocos Region from May 6 to may 11, 2011. Please help me with my itinerary by answering the following questions;
1. ang first stop sana sa santiago cove im just wondering if the resorts is already open as early as 5 - 6 am? and may cheap accomodation kaya for backpackers, and ano yung mga pwede pang gawin dito like pwede kaya kaming magpunta sa tabacco farm and pano magpunta dun? what are their specialties and famous for????....
2 and then the next day is vigan tour naman what are things to do in vigan and places to see and dito ba yung may magandang falls (sana po may makapagsabi kung san meron)san may accomodation for backpackers rate lang at kung ano pa po yung kailangan naming maexperience pwede pong pakilagay na rin.
3 laoag, same din po ano yung mga pwedeng puntahansaan may cheap accomodation and yung mga places na pupuntahan
4 pagudpud and bangui same din po yung mga questions ko and kung may mga suggestion pa kayo gusto ko kasi pag pumunta sa isang place lilibutin ko na lahat par worth it ang experience....
how much the fare of partas bus from cubao to province of ilocos sur, baguio, vigan, san fernando la union ilocos norte?
Hi. This is my first time to go to Vigan and I would appreciate much if I could get some ideas.
Is it easier if I'll bring my own car or just take bus ride. Can you give me some estimations on how much would be the cost If I'll just take a bus?
Thanks so much.
hello VTmembers please help.
how many hours the Laoag City - Vigan journey by bus?
and Laoag City to Pagudpud by bus?
Hi! Me and my hubby plans to visit Vigan Ilocos Sur but we will bring our car, we will first go to Subic and then will proceed to Vigan afterwards.I'd like to know how long is the travel time and what is the best possible time to travel. We also dnt know how to go there via Subic. Thanks very much
We have been told there's going to be a triathlon in Ilocos Sur on March 22nd but us city brats from Manila have no idea about the logistics. All we know is that the swim leg (1.5 kms) will be in Cabugao then the bike leg (40 kms) will be towards Vigan where the run leg (10 kms) and finish line is supposed to be. The organizers will provide a bus from Manila and back but we still have other questions, like:
- Can you recommend any place to stay in Cabugao preferrably since the start of the triathlon will be there? We're told to check out the Cabugao Beach Resort but we would like to know what kind of accommodations are available there? Are there cottages good enough for 4-6 people with gear such as road bikes & other support equipment? What are the prices like (is the Cabugao Beach Resort affordable in terms of room rates & food etc)?
- How far is Cabugao and Vigan? What's the road condition like? Hilly, flat, smooth, rough? In terms of geographic orientation, what's closer to Manila - Cabugao or Vigan?
Would appreciate any info / help from you friendly folks.
My husband & i will tour vigan, laoag and pagudpud on may 10-12, 2008, we would like to know the following:
1. coming from vigan city via bus or jeepney, where do we stop (place & landmarks) to reach cabugao beach resort?
2. we want to swim/take our lunch (2-3hrs stay) at said resort, do they accept walk-in day tour clients? how much is the rate?
my friends and are planning to visit ilocos norte and ilocos sur. my first and top priority is to have picture at banaoag bride. is there a public utility vehicle na nagstop malapit dun na pwede naming lakarin papuntang bridge or wala talaga?
2nd question is meron po bang nakakaalam na murang inn either laoag or vigan? at kung meron po may contact number po ba kayo?
3rd question is kung dala-dala na po namin ung gamit namin sa vigan meron po bang pwedeng pag-iwanan ng gamit para di na namin dadalhin habang nililibot kami ng vigan?
hi, anybody know bus companies with these route? are there any night schedule for this trip?
Are there decent hotels in Candon City? Will swomeone give me their telephone or email address? We want to go to Santiago, Ilocos Sur but I understand the hotel in Sabangan beach is under renovation. If not, who is the contact person or email adderess for that Sabangan Hotel?
We are planning to stay in Aniceto (hotel or mansion i dont know). Is this a gud place to stay? if not, any hotel in vigan which is good in the budget?
i'm planning a trip to vigan this august, and i've been doing my research on the net. i've read all your vigan travel tips, and they were a great help to me in planning my trip itinerary =)
i just have a few questions:
1. is the 10pm trip the deluxe trip for Partas? how much is the fare for deluxe, and how much for the regular trip to vigan?
2. in case my bus gets in at 6am, will villa angela be open? should i notify them in advance, and will i be able to check in that early?
3. how is the food at villa angela? i noticed there were no posts about it, and i am planning to take some of my meals there (when i'm too tired to go out hehe).
4. what are the rates for cabugao beach resort? i've seen lots of beautiful photos, but no feedback on rates, descriptions, etc. do they allow day trips, or will i have to check in to be able to use the facilities?
5. any beach resorts (with pool and cabanas) you guys can recommend on pug-os beach other than cabugao?
6. any must-try dishes at cafe leona's, cafe uno? decent places to eat in or near the vigan public market? i plan to do most of my shopping there kasi, so i need recommendations for places to eat in case i get hungry =)
sorry ang daming questions hehehe. hope you guys can help. thanks! =)
Hi, I would like to know how to get to Candon City (Ilocos Sur) if I'm coming from Olongapo City (Zambales). I would prefer using road transport i.e. Buses
i am planning to go at ilocos sur tomorrow, my budget only for hotel is 800 pesos and i want it in aircon room at vigan, ilocos sur. what is the best hotel you can recommend me to stay at? thank you!
I am planning to take a party of 8 adults and 3 kids (below 5 years) to a beach in Ilocos Sur. I've heard about Cabugao but would like to know of other areas that would are children friendly. A cottage/house for rent is prefered. Any suggestions? contact info on the beach resort will be appreciated if available.
What hotel can anyone recommend in Vigan that is both a heritage site as well as having the modern conveniences such as aircon, safe parking space, hot & cold showers, etc.?
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.