a VirtualTourist member
I will be in Lima for a day, Cusco for 4 - 5 days. I will have 2 days after that and am wondering if I should go to Titicaca or spend it in and around Lima.
If I go to Titicaca the plan is to take a bus on day 1 and stay overnite at Puno, take a 3 hr tour to Uros and fly back to Lima.
1. Is it worth going just for a 3 hr trip?
2. How early do the boat tours start?
3. What is the best (and safe) way to get from Titicaca to Juliaca airport. I will be alone on my way back. I am a single woman who does not know spanish. Is it even recommended?
4. My international flight from Lima leaves at 11:30pm. Will I be ok taking the last flight out of Juliaca or is it better to take the 2 pm flight?
If I do not go to Titicaca, what are my other choices to see around Lima - I heard there are some islands called Galapagos of Peru - is it worth going there?
thanks much for your response
In my opinion the plan you have for Titicaca is too tight.
The "mini-galapagos" are the Islas Ballestas, off the coast from Pisco/Paracas. You could do that in 2 days: day 1 early morning bus to Paracas, day 2 early morning boat trip to the Ballestas, afternoon bus to Lima (arriving at around 7 or 8 pm). But...also tight.
Around Lima are many other things to see as well, Pachacamac, the Huaca Pucllana, Huaca Huallamarca, shopping at the Av. Petit Thouars, local tour etc.
Yoy may want to have a look at my Peru and Lima (transportation) pages.
2. boat to the floating islands around 7am.
3. best way to go to airport is by taxi. a whole 45 minutes that would take so much longer on a minibus and would be downright uncomfortable on the tricycles.
other questions subjective.
Put some info about who you are on your page and at least what/ where you've been and like to do.
-hola mi amigo