a VirtualTourist member from Davao
does hotels in kuala lumpur have shuttle service to pick up their guests from the airport? one that is not very expensive, since we will be arriving there at night time.
5 stars hotel do provide this service if the guests detail such as flight and arrival time, name and number of guests, is disclosed to their administration prior to arrival for the picking up. To a normal rate hotel, you may try to do some direct contact with the hotel to make arrangement and request. Maybe under some conditions, like you need to pay your bills first, or they are having the service for a few common flights only. Give a try, wish you good luck and Welcome to Malaysia.
Most five star hotel have shuttle service. We arrange ours with our travel agent to be included in the cost of our hotel. We stayed at the Sheraton KL. Then I think it cost me $80AUD but I didn't mind paying that much because the service was excellent and punctual. If you ring the hotel you are staying and arrange it with them, it could cost cheaper.
▪ Hours: 24 hours
▪ Travel Time: 60 minutes
▪ About: Vouchers for taxi service into the city are purchased at the airport and the trip costs approximately RM70.00. While the drive from the airport typically takes around 60 minutes, please allow extra time for travel, especially during peak commuting hours.
▪ KLIA Express Train
▪ Fee: 35 MYR
▪ Travel Time: 28 minutes
▪ About: The high speed KLIA Express train service will take you from Kuala Lumpur International Airport into the city center in approximately 28 minutes, at a speed of 160kmh. Trains depart every 15 minutes and operate from 5am to 12am daily, and single trip transfers cost RM35 for adults and RM15 for children. From your arrival point—the KL Sentral station—the hotel is just a short taxi ride away.
▪ Car Rental
▪ Travel Time: 45-60 minutes
▪ About: Car rental is available through all major companies at the airport. Leaving the airport, head towards Seremban Highway, where you will pick up a ticket at the toll plaza before driving towards KL City Center/Pusat Bandar. The drive from the airport into the city takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic conditions.
▪ Hotel Limousine
▪ Fee: Fees range from 110 - 190 MYR per way.
Yes most of the hotels do provide pick ups but they charge if they are below 4 star I think check it before reaching there with your hotel.
There are few airports in KL, mainly LCCT or KLIA. You need to know where you arrive? And what is the name of your hotel? What time do you arrive? Are you a budget traveler?
This might be helpful if they arrive your hotel:
IF you want a cheap hotel and IF you arrive nighttime-between 24.00 and about 5.30/6.00-then there is just 1 answer: WAIT till train and/or bus start running again.
The cheaper hotels will not offer free transfers and as its about 60 kms from town, it will not be cheap-many Malays still complain that a taxi to town cost more as the flight!