I am tihnking of take the bus from hefei. then take the cable car from the west side, then stay up there for one night or 2?
and going down from east side.
should I keep my bigger luggage somewhere down the hill and just carry a backpack? is there a safe place to store my big luggage?
My wife and I will be travelling from Shanghai to Huang Shan by long-distance bus end of this month (October 2009) for our first visit to Huang Shan. We have booked hotels at Tunxi for the first nite and at the summit for 2 nites.
We would like to know:-
(1) do we need to book the bus tickets in advance of the trip & what about the return trip to Shanghai, can we book them in Shanghai or only at Tunxi?
(2) as we intend to summit via Yungu Si cable car, can we take a taxi from Tunxi directly to this cable car station & approximately how much would that cost?
(3) since we'll have some luggage with us for the 2 nites at the summit, are there any luggage restrictions on the Yungu Si cable car?
(4) How long is the walk from the summit cable car station to Shilin Hotel where we'll be staying & is it an easy walk with our luggage?
(5) are the other 2 cable cars real options for us to take to reach Shilin Hotel?
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.