a VirtualTourist member from Hellevoetsluis
I'm staying at citta romana in Hellevoetsluis, and I want to travel by bus then train to Roermond. Can someone please tell me where to buy tickets and where to catch a bus from citta romana. Thanks.
hi there. I hope you are enjoying your stay in my hometown Hellevoetsluis. Have you had time to explore the area?
My reply to your question:
The general outline is: get a bus to Spijkenisse and then the metro to Rotterdam Central Station. From there you can get a train to Roermond. The trip always has 4 changeovers and lasts between 3 hrs 7 mins - 3 hrs 41 mins, depending on which connections you have.
When you use the 9292 website that Pijlmans gave you, then put in the following:
- departure Citta Romana:Parkweg 1, Hellevoetsluis
- arrival: station Roermond
There's a bus stop right outside the holiday park you are staying at.
First of all,
- The first bus is 104 direction Hellevoetsluis.
- Bus 101 is just a few stops (2 minutes) later (Amnesty Internationallaan, ask the busdriver!), which takes you to Spijkenisse in approx. 30 mins. Don't worry, you stay in bus 101 till its endstop at metrostation Spijkenisse Centrum.
- Preferably take metro 'D '(direction Rotterdam Centraal) because you don't need to change over, you can sit in it till the endstop (Rotterdam Central station).
- Buy a train ticket to Roermond and go to platform 3 (the sign on the platform will say direction Venlo).
- Changeover at Eindhoven from platform 2 to platform 1 (the sign on the platform will say direction Heerlen). Get out at Roermond.
Tickets: you can buy single tickets in the bus and for the train. For the metro you can buy single tickets from the vending machine. In Spijkenisse there are 2 outside below, on either side of the metro station before you enter.
It is easiest however, to buy a 'OV chip card' which services both bus and metro. Check out 9292.nl/en/fares-and-public-...
The bus/metro section costs 5.90 euro, so if you decide to buy an OV chip card, then charge the card with at least that amount (double if you are returning by the same means). The card can be used in bus, tram and metro in the whole country.
I urge you to go to reception at Citta Romana because they will surely be able to advise you, especially with the OV card or tickets.
I was trying ns.nl as was suggested my citta romana staff.
I visited Breille and down town Hellevoetsluis. I appreciated your detail direction, I was unable to use ns.nl: as directed by the staffs. Hellevoetsluis was not coming up on the journeyplanner.
Hello, LvG... the ns.nl website is only for train travel and unfortunately there is no train station in Hellevoetsluis. That is why it didn't come up.
I have e-mailed the reception at Citta Romana to ask if they sell OV cards. They replied to say they do not sell them. So I think it is best if you buy a single ticket at the bus driver.
Or, if you happen to be at the shopping center in Hellevoetsluis, then you can buy one and load credit on it at:
Primera Bakker (this is a tobacco/magazine shop)
Address: Struytse Hoeck 37-38, 3224HA HELLEVOETSLUIS
You can find its location at the following link, simply put in 'Hellevoetsluis' and choose 'buy an anonymous card':
Personally, I am not happy that Citta Romana can not provide you with correct information. As a tourist/business hospitality business, they should know their stuff!
Yes, I've to buy a ticket from the bus driver on Sunday when I catch the bus at 9:23am.
It was too late for me to buy OV Chip card once I found out Citta Romana don't sell them. I'll buy ticket from the driver...buy OV chip card at the train station if they sell it there.
Thanks for the information.