What's the best place to stay? Eat? See the migrating birds? Any hazards I should know about? Any tips gratefully received.
Dear fellow travellers
I will be making my way to visit the different ethnic villages in Guizhou. I am currently doing my research on these places and found it confusing about the public transportation. I am coming from Guiyang and would like to do the following route.
Guiyang -->Xijiang ->Ronjiang ->Zhaoxing -> Congjiang -> Kaili -> Guiyang
My questions would be :
1) Are there direct buses to all the above places or is there any someplace that i need to detour in order to follow the above route.
2) Is there a better suggestion that the above one
3) Is it possible that anyone would know of the timing of bus, the fare and the journey for the above route.
Thanking all in advance for the assistance in helping me plan my itinerary.
I am planning to go from Huaihua to Zhenyuan on a Saturday in November. Can anyone please tell me
1) What is the best way to go to Zhenyuan from Huaihua?
2) How long does it take?
3) How much does it cost?
4) How often does the bus/train leave?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Does anyone have cheap hostel to recommend in nanning, anshun, liuzhi and xingyi? Preferably Y40-60 per room?
many thanks for your help!
Does anyone have anything to say about Chishui in Guizhou province? There's a dearth of information about that place: I've searched Lonely Planet's ThornTree travel forum, VirtualTourist's tips and also the forums/interactive section and destination guide of Ctrip.
A smallish group of us (2-5 people) would be visiting for October holiday week. We're all native Chinese speakers.
How many days should we spend in Chishui?
What would be the most convenient jumping-off point to get there -- Chongqing, Luzhou or Zunyi? Looking up the stuff on Ctrip, Chongqing -- Chishui buses are 4.5h, Luzhou -- Chishui 2.5h and Chongqing -- Luzhou 2.5h. :) All just part of research so far. Hongjiang in Hunan province would either be right before Chishui, or right after.
None of us are fans of long-distance bus travel in China unless absolutely necessary... especially sleeper buses. Thus essentially I'm looking for a hub that'd be relatively easy to reach from Hongjiang (via Huaihua?) and with a relatively short bus ride to Chishui.
Would appreciate tips/recommendations for accommodation (max of around 200 RMB for twin with ensuite), transport and sightseeing in general. Thanks in advance. :)
My friends and I will be heading to Guizhou for the May holiday week. Our tentative plans are to depart Shanghai (plane/train) on 29/4 (Sat) and be back in Shanghai by 7/5 (Sun) night, or at the very latest, early morning 8/5 (Mon).
1) What are your best recommendations for sightseeing in Guizhou?
1a) Ideally, we'd like to visit a Miao village, a Buyi village, a Shui village and a Dong village, without any repetition. I don't mind missing out Buyi and Shui villages due to time constraints, especially if they're not very photogenic... any opinions?
1b) We'd also like to see 1 waterfall, 1 group of caves and enjoy 1 rafting experience. I've thought about going for Huangguoshu Waterfall, Zhijin Caves (instead of Longgong Caves) and the rafting at Maling River Gorge... any opinions? I've heard that the Zhijin Caves are not very well-run... If visiting Huangguoshu Waterfall, I'd ideally leave it till the end of the holiday week when there should be less tourists there.
1c) It seems that northern Guizhou isn't very interesting, so I'm skipping that. Any other recommendations for the rest of Guizhou will be welcome!
2) Apart from me, there should be about at least 4 other friends coming along. The number of people coming along could increase by quite a lot, but I'm not keen on having such a big group, due to logistics problems! It's pretty hard to satisfy everyone in a big group, and also less freedom for everyone. If I had my way, I'd take only a maximum of 3 other friends, and that's it. Any ideas on how to manage this? Especially since I don't want to offend anyone by being rude...
3) Should we fly both ways, train both ways, or train and fly once each? I'm getting worried about the budget and time constraints! Train is cheaper, of course, but takes 33 hours each way; flying would be about 1500 RMB each way!
4) Any recommendations on where to hire a vehicle for 5-10 people? Driver recommendations will also be very welcome. Minivans seem to take a maximum of 9 people... :(
5) Any festivals during this period that'll be worth seeing? As far as my research shows, there're a number of festivals on 5/5 (Fri) as it's the 4th day of the 4th lunar month.
6) Any recommendations for where to stay will also be very welcome! :) We're on a student budget, so nothing too expensive.
Thanks in advance to all for any advice offered. Happy travelling!
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.