Hi, I need some advise as I am planning for my holiday to Finnland.
I have the following concerns:
1. I have done some search and realise that outdoor activities such as huskies ride, reindeer ride, ice fishing and skiing seems relatively cheaper in Kuusamo compared to Rovaniemi. Is there any other cities in Finnland can offer a good deal?
2. As outdoor activities seems realtively cheaper in Kuusamo compared to Rovaniemi, we might stay in that city. But, how high is the chances of seeing the northern light in December in Kuusamo?
3. What is the likely temperature in December at Kuusamo?
4. Can digital camera work or function under the cold condition (december?)
5. I live in a country that do not have winter, therefore I wonder if I can wear contact lens in winter time under the cold weather in finnland (december)?
6. Where can I do Finnish Sauna? Those where I can dip into the snow water after the sauna? How much is it?
7. Where can I do ice-breaking cruise? Does anyone have any recommendation on any website where I can find out more details regarding the details and price.
8. Also I heard the at Ivalo, there is a Igloo village, how can I get there? Or is there any other cities that have such village?
Thank you very much.
I planning to come to Europe and being immensely interested in astronomy, would like to the aurora. I am told that this is not the best time to see the phenomenon, but since I don't come frequently to Europe, I would like to take a chance. Could someone advise me as to the best place to go to, where the skies are still reasonably dark? I am planning to be in Norway/Finnland on June 5, 2005.
Thanks in advance,
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.