a VirtualTourist member from Jakarta
I plan to go to Dili next year, but I have several question to ask.
1. Is Dili safe, especially for Indonesian? You know, in the past East Timor was part of Indonesia, and some incidents happened which (maybe) made some people hate to Indonesian.
2. Do I need visa to enter East Timor? If do, how to get that and how much?
3. What is East Timor currency now?
4. Is there any bus to Atambua (East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia). I plan to enter Dili from Darwin, and exit by land to Atambua, since I want to visit a friend who live there.
5. Do you have any accomodation to recommend?
I look forward for a reply. Thank you in advance!
Dili is safe for Indonesian, no problems with any foreigners. I do not think you will need a VISA. The currency in East Timor is US Dollar. If you want a good hotel, the best one is Hotel Timor in City Centre. If you want you can check it in the internet in this link: http://www.hotel-timor.com/en/
Thank you very much Jorge. It is very help.