Trippy
Home  
Questions  
Plan a Road Trip  
Where to Stay  
Feedback  
Ask a Question  Log In

a VirtualTourist member

Corpus Christi

i got stung 7 times and feel ill

I got stung about 7 times but could not see what actual stung me but all around me was the clear, white Jellys. When I got out there were no tenicles on me but my legs really stung and hurt. Someone told me to put urine on the areas and the sting would go away - so I did that and it was better. But ever since then I feel nauses and faint - it's been 4 days feeling this way. Should I go to the doctor?



6 Answers


answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Newark upon Trent

You surely cannot expect us to make long disgtance diagnosis! If you don't feel well and it has persisted, you know what to do.




answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Connecticut

Yes....imeediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111




answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Bushey

Seek help at once.

Urine is used because it is alkaline, but can in certain circumstances be acidic.

If you do not know what stung you you could make things worse nor better!

Only qualified medics can help you.




answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Richardson

Jellyfish are quite common in the waters of the Texas Gulf Coast, so that is likely what hit you.

The venom comes from cells that are placed on your skin by the jellyfish, so you may feel pain (and continue to feel pain) even though you don't see anything.

I don't think urine is really a good idea unless it is the only acid available (since there may be bacteria in the urine that takes advantage of the distressed skin to penetrate it). Normally, you're advised to put vinegar on the wound, which will neutralize what I assume is the alkaline venom of the jellyfish.

If you are continuing to feel pain 4 days later, this suggests that some of the nematocysts (stinging cells) are still on your skin, or that you are having a persistent allergic reaction. In either case, as the others noted, seeing a medical professional locally in Corpus (I am sure that they have all seen these stings before) is the best plan, to correctly clean your skin and to assure you that you don't have another underlying medical problem.

Odds are that you will feel much better after seeing a medical professional, if for no other reason than you'll now know that there is nothing seriously wrong with you...

Bill




answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Sacramento

Jellyfish, very common. Go see a doctor to make your life easier.

Nasty things but very pretty. Best to look at them in an aquarium.

Hope you are feeling better soon.




answered by
a VirtualTourist member

Bill, thank you for your kind help and I have a doctors appointment here in Arizona.





Go to NEW Corpus Christi questions, or browse older Corpus Christi travel answers



© 2017 Trippy.com   ·   View: Full | Mobile

Follow us:        
Travel Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Plan a Road Trip   ·   Where to Stay   ·   Login

About Us   ·   FAQ   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy Policy   ·   Terms of Service