We're a group of 3 guys intermediate skiers looking to ski Alta March 9-16, 2013. Any advice on where to stay. Some nightlife, bars, restaurants, steam room, sauna, outdoor pool, jacuzzi, gym would be nice. We'd like to stay as close to Alta/Snowbird as possible but a little travel is no problem. Planning to rent a car. Private house/apartment or lodge, reasonably priced. Love Park City, but think it is a bit long commute. Any input is greatly appreciated. Can't wait till winter.
We are a group of four skiers from Norway wanting to visit SLC area, predominantly Alta, but possibly also (or instead) Snowbird and other areas we might get a good feeling for prior to arrangements being made.
At this point we need some feedback based on the following facts:
- we are 4 skiers
- as much off-piste / back country, no need for much groomed.
- level: intermediate +
The things we would like input on are:
- Based on the list above, what is in general the best choice, Alta, Snowbird or something else? Can't be too far away from SLC though.
- We can probably do 10 days somewhere between mid Feb to end of March. Any tips on what would be best condition-wise, or is it the same?
- What would be a good option for accomodation for 4, any private lodging sites?
- As it is close to SLC, would it be worth it staying in the city motel or something and drive up in a rental?
I'm sure I'll come up with more stuff, but that should do it for now.
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.