• Matthias Hansen
  • "Must eat-see-shop-coffees on a 4-day trip to Zurich?"

Matthias Hansen

Copenhagen, Denmark

Must eat-see-shop-coffees on a 4-day trip to Zurich?

I love great food, coffee, sights - touristy is fine, but off the beaten path is equally appreciated.

• Tiffany Wüest

Zürich has a ton of great restaurants and cafés, here's just a couple ones I enjoyed while living there. If you want a really unique experience, try Blindekuh, where you will get a dining experience in complete darkness. It lets you experience eating as a blind person and also creates valuable jobs for blind people. Make sure to make a reservation ahead of time, as it is fairly popular. Les Gourmandises de Miyuko is a hidden gem with a complicated name and a Japanese flair. Here you can enjoy an extensive tea selection, fancy cake and read mangas while you're at it. Also try Frau Gerolds Garten, a very artsy and vibrant Beergarten at the foot of the Prime Tower. Café Schober is situated right in the middle of old town and has a very kitschy 19th century feel to it. It offers colourful, hand made pastries, candies and chocolate as well as some really good lunch options. Restaurant B is a very stylish café with homemade pastries located in the immigrant quarter around Langstrasse and attracts a primarily young crowd. I also really enjoyed barfussbar - this bar is open only to women during the day, but in the evenings men are welcome too. Shoes never are though, as they have to be left outside. It is built in the Art Nouveau style, open-air and with swimming baths. If you are into Italian pastries and light foods, try Konditorei Caredda. If you are looking for cheap drinks in this expensive city, give the bQm kultur café & bar a go, it's a student bar located right next to the University. And if you are looking for good, local cuisine with fair prices, go to the restaurant Drei Stuben. It looks a bit like time stood still, with traditional wooden furniture and gridded placemats. It's also a good place to be during the warmer months since it is located right in the middle of town with a nice outdoor area.

Incredible recommendations, Tiffany! Have to take this with me the next time I'm back :) · (0 likelikes)

• Matthias H.

Matthias H.

Thanks - but too late - I've already been there :) · (0 likelikes)

• Yael F.

Yael F.

God I realise how I miss Zurich reading your comment :) · (1 likelikes)

1. Blindekuh (restaurant)
    2. Les Gourmandises de Miyuko (restaurant)
    3. Frau Gerolds Garten (attraction)
    4. Café Schober (restaurant)
    5. Restaurant B (restaurant)
    6. barfussbar (attraction)
    7. Konditorei Caredda (restaurant)
    8. bQm kultur café & bar (restaurant)
    9. Drei Stuben (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Tiffany a Thank You Note