• Jose Zaragoza
  • "Your worst traveling experience"

Jose Zaragoza

Fort Worth, Texas

Your worst traveling experience

I'd like to hear some of your bad experiences while traveling. One of mine is having my phone/wallet stolen in Vietnam. No cash, ID, and no one to get back to my hotel. Rookie move I guess. 

• Rasto Elgr

Ecuador - the worst country I ever traveled (been to over 40 so far). After a night in cockroaches infested room in Guayaquil I was denied return home at the airport because some idiot didn't put entry stamp to my passport when crossing Colombia-Ecuador border 3 weeks earlier. Had to go to Quito where neither embassy nor immigration office were of any help so had to eventually get back all the way north to Rumichaca crossing where they stamped my passport as if nothing had happened. Then when returning home 3 days later on a bus to the airport some motherf* stole my camera with 1,300 pictures and short videos on it literally 2 hours before the end of my trip! But this was not all that troubled me about the country. There were so many things that didn't work or went wrong that even though I had some nice moments in Ecuador, I found it very overrated and a really bad travel experience.

• ·
    • ·

Send Rasto a Thank You Note