Stephanie Jones

Camarillo, California

Workaway or WWOOF?

Has anyone done Workaway or WWOOF? 

I'll be backpacking around Europe over summer for a months and I am interested in extending my trip a couple weeks longer by doing some volunteer work through either one of those sites. I'm looking stay in Ireland or Spain. Any feedback on either one?

• Sasha Langesfeld

If you do WWOOF I would recommend Spain over Ireland for the simple reason that they have a better food culture. I got lucky when I wwoofed in Ireland, but that was because my host was German, and he knew how to cook really well. For me, food is a really important part of getting to know a new country, which is why I'm saying this. Ireland is beautiful but I would say Spain has better food. I loved wwoofing because I love gardening, so it really depends on what your preference is. If you would rather not work on a farm all day then choose something else on Workaway.

1. Spain (country)

• ·
    • ·

Send Sasha a Thank You Note