• Jillian Geer
  • "Why do you value travel experiences over possessions?"

Jillian Geer

Los Angeles, California

Why do you value travel experiences over possessions?

We hear this a lot from the Trippy community..."I'd rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff"

Tell me about a time you decided to spend money on travel instead of using it to buy material things. Where did you go and looking back how do you feel now about it? Why do you value these travel experiences over new clothes, cars, etc.

• Josh Barnett

Circumstances in my own life have made me value experiences over possessions, and for that I am thankful. At one point in my life, I was very sick and not expected to live. By the grace of God I am here today, but no one is promised tomorrow. When you listen to older people tell stories, what do they talk about? Do they talk about that thing they bought or do they talk about experiences with their loved ones? Of course they talk about those moments in time they wish they could go back to and re-live. So my philosophy now is to take mini-retirements...to experience life now rather then hope to experience it later. Live a life of no regrets.

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

Thanks for sharing this Josh, and cheers to many mini-retirements now! · (1 likelikes)

• Josh B.

Josh B.

Thanks Jillian! · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Josh a Thank You Note