• Celina B
  • "What's your favorite travel backpack? What are their best feature/pitfalls?"

Celina B

Ottawa, Canada

What's your favorite travel backpack? What are their best feature/pitfalls?

My research landed me on the Osprey Farpoint 40 for carryon size compliance, size (38L for the small/medium), good hip strap and suitcase style opening. Seemed like a decent bag for the price I found it at on Amazon ($112.50).  What's your favorite?

• Justin Schmid

The thing about travel backpacks is that they're not a one-size-fits-all deal. What's perfect for me (A Kelty Coyote) might not work for someone else.

And you simply cannot and should not buy a backpack online. No matter how much research you do, there is only one factor that matters: How does it feel on your body with weight loaded into it?

To find out, you'll need to visit an outdoor store near you and try everything in your size range. Have the salesperson drop some weight into everything you try (good outdoor outfitters have sandbags for this). Spend some time adjusting the straps to get it just right. I promise, that is the only way to get the right backpack.

• Celina B.

Celina B.

Thanks, I have gone to a store to try it on first and it fit and felt great. · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Justin a Thank You Note