• Rocio Acevedo
  • "What was your experience with turbulence and bad weather while traveling?"

Rocio Acevedo

Costa Rica

What was your experience with turbulence and bad weather while traveling?

I love to travel! However I hate turbulence so I always try to choose early am flights. Can you tell me a story you had while flying聽related to bad weather conditions?

• Jake Vanags

I used to like gentle turbulence... it kind of rocked me to sleep on long flights.

After flying 51 times last year, however, a few experiences left me with a little more anxiety. Particularly, one time I was flying into Denver and there was the heaviest turbulence I've ever experienced while on our descent.

You know how they say, "it's not that bad until the flight attendants look nervous?"... well, during our descent it got so bad so quickly that as the flight attendant was walking down the aisle getting trash, she had to strap into (luckily) an empty seat because she almost hit her head on the ceiling during a big bump! Fortunately, we landed fine, but I was sweating for sure.

I've survived the "most dangerous airport in the world" at Tenzing-Hillary Airportbefore and felt less anxiety then... than I did on this Denver flight!

TIP: Besides the plethora of pills you can take and probabilities you can look up about how safe air travel really is, I read once to think about an airplane in air as a speed boat in water. If you're in a speed boat, you will always feel the choppiness of the waves beneath you. When you're in an airplane, just remember you're just bumping over some slightly choppy waves (of air). A plane is at home in the air... and sometimes the air isn't 100% smooth just like a lake isn't always a perfectly still and glassy lake!

Tenzing-Hillary AirportTenzing-Hillary Airport

• Rocio A.

Rocio A.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answering my question and for sending those nice pics. I will try to follow your advice next time that I am on the air. You inspired me!! :) · (1 likelikes)

1. Denver (city)
    2. Tenzing-Hillary Airport (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jake a Thank You Note