• Alexander Gamanyuk
  • "What is your favorite type of hotel and why?"

Alexander Gamanyuk

Los Angeles, California

What is your favorite type of hotel and why?

There are many different type of hotels in the world. Often it varies from country to country.

Where do you prefer to stay? What do you like the most?

• Maria O'Dwyer

Hi Alexander,

I tend to stay away from big international chain hotels and always opt for a small, family run place whenever possible. Usually the welcome is warmer and you get great information about (often secret) local places to eat and drink. Over the past few years I have gone out of my way to find hotels with 15 bedrooms or fewer and have always been rewarded with great little gems and MUCH better than expected service.

• Alexander G.

Alexander G.

I like it. We stayed a few times in Italian agriturismo hotels and it was really great. All of them are run by families as well · (1 likelikes)

• Janelle K.

Janelle K.

Couldn't agree more. Local, family-run hotels and (at the higher end) non-branded "boutique" hotels are much better than corporate chains. · (2 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Maria a Thank You Note