• Joshua B
  • "What is the fastest way to acclimate to microbes in a new location?"

Joshua B

Charlotte, North Carolina

What is the fastest way to acclimate to microbes in a new location?

We're always told not to drink the local water when travelling due to local microbes our bodies are not equipped to handle as foreigners.

What's the fastest way to acclimate to and assimilate these microbes without getting sick should someone decide to move to a new place in the world?

• Kristal Sajasi

Hi Joshua,

You definitely need to know yourself and your body, if you are someone who has a low tolerance for foreign substances my best advice is to take it easy. The following are things that carry the most bacteria or are usually the most different to what you're used to: water, ice, dairy, deli meats. You safest starting with fully cooked things and vegetables you can peel. Once you introduce these into your diet, your body will acclimate to the new bacteria and acclimate, making it easier to eat a greater variety of things and not get sick. I would also suggest not eating things they are selling off the street as it usually sits there are picks up whatever is in the air. This is a sure fire way to get you sick. Everything in moderation!

Best,

Kristal

• Joshua B.

Joshua B.

I can be pretty sensitive to novel foods, but not so much to the microbes themselves, most likely due to my daily consumption of fermented foods. On the rare instance I've felt some had the beginnings of food poisoning, I've just drank some very dry merlot, which seems to be a very effective anti-microbial if caught in the early stages. · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Kristal a Thank You Note