• Stephanie Lopilato
  • "What are the best cities for single women traveling solo?"

Stephanie Lopilato

New York, New York

What are the best cities for single women traveling solo?

OK, maybe I’ve seen too many movies, but I’d really love to meet someone on my next vacation, so can anyone tell me, in your opinion, what are the best cities for single women? I’m going solo so I’m not only thinking in terms of the men vs. women ratio but safety as well. Thanks so much--I'll let you know what happened!

• London (city)

London England

• Singapore (country)

Singapore

• Stockholm (city)

Stockholm

• Nan Zhou

i did a lot of travelling on my own a few years ago around Europe and from my personal experience, generally i found the Northern European cities / countries are much safer for single girl travellers, I agree with couple of the posts below and below are my list of picks for single girl travellers. I also attached links to my itineraries for those places :)

1. Scandinavian cities: Copenhagen / Stockholm

- both are big metropolis cities so there are enough nice restaurants and bars to see and meet people.

- both cities are beautiful (both in terms of the architecture and the people) and generally I felt very safe walking around even at night

- see my trip itineraries to Copenhagen and Stockholm

https://www.pebblar.com/Trips/index/183

https://www.pebblar.com/Trips/index/184

2. UK/Ireland: Dublin, Edinburgh

- there is a lot of charm in those cites, the architecture is just amazing

- again both big cities with a lot of things to see and do and i felt very safe walking around

https://www.pebblar.com/Trips/index/195

3. Croatia

- A lot of different towns you and hop around. Split is a young people town so maybe easier to meet people there

- Things there are cheaper compared to the rest of the Europe and people are very nice and friendly

https://www.pebblar.com/Trips/index/216

4. Asia - Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore

- the major Asian cities are actually really really safe (probably the safest places i have been)

- Tokyo, HK and Singapore also have a huge expat population and a lot of cool bars and restaurants where you can go and meet people

https://www.pebblar.com/Trips/index/159

https://www.pebblar.com/Trips/index/156

5. Australia (Sydney, Melbourne)

- Lastly but definitely not the least, my home, Australia

- Both Sydney and Melbourne are super safe, and people in Australia are really friendly and nice.

- there are a lot of things to do. in addition to its natural beauty, Sydney and Melbourne also have an awesome restaurant and bar scene

https://www.pebblar.com/Trips/index/339

https://www.pebblar.com/Trips/index/140

1. Copenhagen (city)
    2. Stockholm (city)
    3. Dublin (city)
    4. Edinburgh (city)
    5. Croatia (country)
    6. Tokyo (city)
    7. Hong Kong (city)
    8. Singapore (country)
    9. Sydney (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Nan a Thank You Note