• Andy Huang
  • "What are some of your biggest frustrations when it comes to trip planning?"

Andy Huang

San Francisco, California

What are some of your biggest frustrations when it comes to trip planning?

I enjoy planning for my future trips but I find the current process to be way too time consuming and often frustrating. A lot of it has to do with the ridiculous amount of information available for any popular destination. Unfortunately, most of that information is repetitive and poorly written. 

What are some of your frustrations when it comes to travel planning? And what have you done to make that process easier? 

I'd love to learn some travel planning hacks that you guys are using to make things easier and faster. 

• Sarah Goth

I do love trip planning (part of my job) - what I don't love is when traveling with others for fun and trying to plan ahead but held back by lack of information on preferences.

When planning trips with friends, I plan out what I would do if I was by myself, how easy it would be for them to come along if they decide last minute, and then I can move forward knowing I've covered the bases.

In terms of going through the slog of information... I skim as much as possible & tend to trust what caught my eye initially.

• Andy H.

Andy H.

What is your job exactly? And why is it you think that people don't share their preferences? · (0 likelikes)

• Sarah G.

Sarah G.

I organize family and group travel for adoptees and their families on homeland journeys. So for that there's a lot of emphasis on recognizing emotionally important travel connections & experiences. · (1 likelikes)

• Andy H.

Andy H.

Wow, that's such an interesting job! · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Sarah a Thank You Note