• Jillian Geer
  • "Must see places and activities along historic Route 66?"

Jillian Geer

Los Angeles, California

Must see places and activities along historic Route 66?

I've always wanted to take a road trip from start to finish on Route 66, and finally have the chance this summer! I'm traveling with a friend, and we have two full weeks - starting in Chicago and ending in LA. We both love new adventures and being active outdoors, so want to take in the views and gain unique experiences along the way. Since we have the time, we're tentatively planning on stopping in most major cities (Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, etc.), and are open to exploring. I mean, we've never even been to Oklahoma, Texas or New Mexico!

If you know any of these places well, where are the best areas to walk the town and stay overnight? Best areas for hiking? Museums? We'd love to catch a baseball game, or concert too! Knowing we have a decent budget set aside, what are the must see places and activities on this route?

• Tera Callaway

When you are in Oklahoma city I would suggest staying in Bricktown District . They have a Riverwalk Plaza there with many great bars, shopping, movie theater, and restaurants. There is also the Stadium ( AT&T Bricktown Ballpark ) there to check out a minor league baseball game. There is also in the Boathouse District near bricktown which has Riversports on the Oklahoma river. They have a sky trail that you can walk and see a great view of the city. Also there is a ropes course, you can canoe, or dragon boat there. Lots of good physical activities to do there.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention Chesapeake Energy Arena is there to for concerts.

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

Thanks Tera! Bricktown District looks perfect, and I'm definitely interested in seeing the sky trail. · (0 likelikes)

1. Bricktown District (attraction)
    2. Riverwalk Plaza (attraction)
    3. AT&T Bricktown Ballpark (attraction)
    4. Boathouse District (attraction)
    5. Chesapeake Energy Arena (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Tera a Thank You Note