• Brianna Hansen
  • "January/February 5 nights on a budget in the U.S. or Caribbean"

Brianna Hansen

Minneapolis, Minnesota

January/February 5 nights on a budget in the U.S. or Caribbean

Need suggestions for a 5 or 6 night, winter warm weather vacation on a budget, with culture, adventure and relaxation, in either the US or Caribbean with my husband. 

Thoughts on Costa Rica and if you can do it on a budget? Dominican, St. Maarten, unique islands, etc.? Would like a trip under $2,500 for 2 people. 

• James H.

James H.

Have you thought about taking a Cruise? Cruising allows you to get a lot more bang for your buck and to see different locations. I would seriously check into using a travel agent too because they can hook you up with more amenities and they are always up on the latest deals! Like for example: taking a cruise, they can book you into an already existing group cruise and you get whatever amenities that were offered to that group, like onboard spending money or spa treatments! · (0 likelikes)

• Ross S.

Ross S.

I'm the opposite! on a cruise your trip is spent on the boat, not hanging with locals! wile spending 90% of your time on the boat with senior citizens and small children, you can pay the boat for drinks or anything else fun? then when you reach your destination (usually the most tourist crammed, un authentic area in the country) you are only aloud to be there from 8:00am to 1pm?! and i don't know about you but if I'm on vacation i don't want to be up at 8!!! i want to spend some slow time getting to know the area not Walt Disney's americanized version!! · (1 likelikes)

• Ross S.

Ross S.

me and the wife are doing 5 nights in Cabo san lucas in december. airfare, hotel, and all food and alcohol for $417 each!!!! BOOM http://wanderingross.com/ · (1 likelikes)

• Ross Sparks

look up "vacation express" you can do a hole lot for that budget. why the US or Bahamas? your flights will be about the same but your dollar goes way farther any were else!

for a first trip i would check out the Tulum area of Mexico!General Trippy MediaTulum hits all the marks you asked for and can be done under budget!

Costa Rica is also a great choice. i love the Montezuma area as well as Quepos, and Dominical!

i am very knowledgeable in this part of the world, so if you have more questions let me know or check me out here

http://wanderingross.com

• Brianna H.

Brianna H.

Thanks Ross, the Bahamas don't really interest me, just other parts of the Caribbean I haven't been, but maybe Tulum. We were avoiding Mexico because we've both been there so many times. We are open to anything really, just want WARM. Originally wanted to go big like Thailand, but can't spend the money and we don't have the time off for that right now; at least the way we want to do it. · (0 likelikes)

• Ross S.

Ross S.

ya we are doing cabo for the warm also! i to have done a lot in mexico. oohhh how about this puerto viejo on the Caribbean side of costa rica, then 3 days in bocas del toro to finish in style?! · (1 likelikes)

1. Tulum (city)
    2. Mexico (country)
    3. Costa Rica (country)
    4. Montezuma (city)
    5. Quepos (attraction)
    6. Dominical (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Ross a Thank You Note