• Mel B
  • "Driving from the east coast to west coast- trip recommendations"

Mel B

Florida

Driving from the east coast to west coast- trip recommendations

Hi all

We're driving west at the end of the month. We are in Florida and headed to Southern California. Given it will be winter time, we are thinking of taking a southern route. However, we are really interested in a more northern route to see some national parks. 

If anyone has made a cross-country road trip before and has some recommendations, we'd love some recommendations on things to watch out for and must-sees!

• Durango (city)

Durango Colorado

• Santa Fe (city)

Santa Fe New Mexico

• Taos (city)

Taos New Mexico

• Paul Patterson

If you go a little north, & take Hwy 160 through Colorado, you will pass through Durango then on past Durango is Mesa Verde National Park, which is a really cool place. From there continue on 160 to 162 to 163 & head down to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park. Then you can head on down to Grand Canyon National Park. You can head back up Hwy 89 through Page. This will take you near Horseshoe Bend, Upper Antelope Canyon & Lake Powell. North of there, 89 will take you through Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and up to Zion National Park & Bryce Canyon National Park. From there you can head back south & hit Interstate 15 which I believe will take you all the way through Las Vegas & into L.A. Valley of Fire State Parkis just off I15 outside of Vegas, and you also go through the Mojave National Preserve. All of these places are really awesome, & worth seeing.Horseshoe BendDurangoMesa Verde National Parkimage from empoweringparks.comMonument Valley Navajo Tribal ParkGrand Canyon National ParkUpper Antelope CanyonZion National ParkBryce Canyon National ParkValley of Fire State ParkHorseshoe Bend

1. Durango (city)
    2. Mesa Verde National Park (park)
    3. Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park (attraction)
    4. Grand Canyon National Park (park)
    5. Page (city)
    6. Horseshoe Bend (attraction)
    7. Upper Antelope Canyon (attraction)
    8. Lake Powell (attraction)
    9. Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument (attraction)
    10. Zion National Park (park)
    11. Bryce Canyon National Park (park)
    12. Valley of Fire State Park (amusement park)
    13. Mojave National Preserve (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Paul a Thank You Note